Windows 7 A little annoying problem >.<

anarchist

Ok so I get a new computer with Win7 installed an Emachines EL-1850 and have updated etc. I was having fun with it and still am. However I was doing something the other day I think checking emails or maybe facebook and hosting an online radio station and running an online game. Then suddenly from out of the blue it tells me I have lost internet? So I let it do its checking thing and it resets the network adapter and its fine again.

This has happened a few times now, yet on my old Vista and WinXP comps I never encountered this problem o.0?

Solution
It sounds like you are experiencing intermittent issues with your internet connection on your Windows 7 computer, specifically losing connection while multitasking with various online activities like checking emails, using Facebook, hosting an online radio station, and running an online game. This issue can be frustrating, but there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve it. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try: 1. Update Network Drivers: Ensure that your network adapter drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause connection issues. 2. Check Network Cables and Connections: If you are using a wired connection, make sure your Ethernet cables are securely connected. If...
It sounds like you are experiencing intermittent issues with your internet connection on your Windows 7 computer, specifically losing connection while multitasking with various online activities like checking emails, using Facebook, hosting an online radio station, and running an online game. This issue can be frustrating, but there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve it. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try: 1. Update Network Drivers: Ensure that your network adapter drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause connection issues. 2. Check Network Cables and Connections: If you are using a wired connection, make sure your Ethernet cables are securely connected. If you are using a wireless connection, ensure that your Wi-Fi signal is strong and stable. 3. Restart Router/Modem: Sometimes, a simple restart of your router or modem can resolve connectivity issues. Unplug the power, wait for a few seconds, and then plug it back in. 4. Adjust Power Settings: Windows 7 has power-saving settings that can sometimes affect network adapters. Make sure that your network adapter settings are not set to power-saving mode. 5. Disable IPv6: In some cases, disabling IPv6 can help stabilize the network connection. You can do this through the network adapter properties. 6. Run Network Troubleshooter: Windows has a built-in Network Troubleshooter that can diagnose and fix common connectivity issues. You can access it by right-clicking on the network icon in the system tray. 7. Check for Network Interference: Nearby devices or electronic appliances can sometimes interfere with your Wi-Fi signal. Make sure there are no such interferences. 8. Scan for Malware: Run a full system scan with your antivirus software to check for any malware that might be affecting your network connection. 9. Reset TCP/IP Stack: You can reset the TCP/IP stack using Command Prompt. Open Command Prompt as an administrator and run the command netsh int ip reset. If the issue persists after trying these steps, it might be beneficial to contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for further assistance or consult with a professional to diagnose the problem. As for why this issue is not occurring on your older Vista and WinXP computers, it could be due to differences in network adapter hardware, drivers, or software configurations between those systems and your Windows 7 computer. Each operating system handles network connections differently, which could explain the variation in behavior.

Solution
Back