Windows 8 A problem with this website cause Internet Explorer to close and reopen.

Alfred Honey

Most every time depending on the site I get the above problem which never resolves. Will get on reliable websites also. Everything else is working fine with Windows 8.1. Any idea's. ADH.

Attachments

• Windows Problem 2.jpg
    Windows Problem 2.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 528
  • Windows Problem 1.jpg
    Windows Problem 1.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 515
Suggestions only...........
1. Make sure your machine is clear.
If you have Malwarebyes installed, please run a full scan.
If you don't have it, and if your Internet Explorer manages to stay on long enough, download Malwarebytes FREE edition, then go to Safe Mode and run it.
Malwarebytes download :
http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

After that, try using your IE and see if it works. If problem persists, go to suggestion #2.

2. Reset your Internet Explorer.
Open IE > at the top, click Tools > click Internet Options > click Advanced tab at the top > near the bottom > click Reset > follow the prompts ( I believe there is a "Yes" and a " Delete" you need to click.)
Try using IE again.

Suggestions only...........
1. Make sure your machine is clear.
If you have Malwarebyes installed, please run a full scan.
If you don't have it, and if your Internet Explorer manages to stay on long enough, download Malwarebytes FREE edition, then go to Safe Mode and run it.
Malwarebytes download :
http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

After that, try using your IE and see if it works. If problem persists, go to suggestion #2.

2. Reset your Internet Explorer.
Open IE > at the top, click Tools > click Internet Options > click Advanced tab at the top > near the bottom > click Reset > follow the prompts ( I believe there is a "Yes" and a " Delete" you need to click.)
Try using IE again.

Have taken the steps as suggested but still have the problem. A.D.H.
Ran Malwarebytes, asked to reboot the got another Problem. Computer fails to log-in, get the following message: The User Profile Service failed to the sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded. Have tried to boot to Safe Mode by pressing F8 repeatedly but cant get to the option. A.D.H.

Have reinstalled Windows 8.1 ran a scan, did as you said but still I get the message. A problem with this website cause Internet Explorer to close and reopen. Most often it is when there is a link and I have to click to start a video. A.D.H.

First check and confirm through Windows Updates that you have your most current installation completely up to date.
Then launch IE 11 desktop version and try launching the problem site, then strike the "Alt" key which should launch the toolbar menu. Go to tools-> compatibility view settings and add the URL of the problem site to the box and click add button.
See if that helps with the issue.
Regards
Randy

First check and confirm through Windows Updates that you have your most current installation completely up to date.
Then launch IE 11 desktop version and try launching the problem site, then strike the "Alt" key which should launch the toolbar menu. Go to tools-> compatibility view settings and add the URL of the problem site to the box and click add button.
Regards
Randy
Did as you said then tried to add My MSN but it would not accept it. MSN Video's is another one that I am having trouble. A.D.H.

If I try to download from a link on a site like D-Link or click to open a video on MSN, that message appears all the time at the foot of the page. What gives. ADH.

Regards
Randy

Ran nothing has worked, have rescanned using Windows Defender and Malwarebytes but got nothing. Then went to Internet Options and did as suggested an d still nothing. Will not open video links just the usual, (A problem with this website caused Internet Explorer to close and re-open the tab. There has got to be a simple solution to this. ADH.

Some sites require Java plug-ins and you may have an incompatible version or no Java plug-in at all. Try updating your Java or install one if you don't have any.

Tried to install Java from the site but Internet Explorer Window keeps giving me the pop up. ADH.
Sorry to hear that. I never had problems with Internet Explorer because I never use it. The second thing that I install on any new PC that I get is Google Chrome (1st is Avast after uninstalling the pre-installed AV).

As far as I know you do not need to download java for IE11. It already has an active X built into the browser. If you use Firefox then it will ask you to download java. Not sure about Chrome.

Have installed the latest Java and still it does not solve the problem. Microsoft must know what causes the problem. Have no bugs in the system, can go to a MSN site and still I can get the problem. Have 2 computers of my own and my Brother in Laws Computer is the same. ADH.

Tried to view video clips of news from NBC News once again I get the same old message: A problem with this website cause Internet Explorer to close and reopen. This is surely (Windows Forum) and not a Safari or Google Forum. Surely someone has the answer to links and video's not opening. ADH.

Tried to view video clips of news from NBC News once again I get the same old message: A problem with this website cause Internet Explorer to close and reopen. This is surely (Windows Forum) and not a Safari or Google Forum. Surely someone has the answer to links and video's not opening. ADH.
Use Chrome or Firefox until you can get it to work. All sorts of problems with Internet Explorer. You could try disabling all plugins and add-ons in IE, and then loading the video, but it may be a problem with your hardware acceleration and IE.

Back
Top Bottom