Windows 7 A question about dual booting

kyledude92107

All right, say I installed W7 from a DVD onto a partition on my hard drive... (I'm gonna give it 20 GB, since my HD is 640 GB)

Would I be able to make it so that my computer would automatically choose my 64-bit Vista OS to boot without prompting me? My reason for this is that my mom is really picky about stuff being on the computer. It automatically starting (Vista, that is, then I could choose W7 when I wanted to) would fix that issue. So...

Possible or not?

You could also use EasyBCD to configure the boot loader to your liking.. it is a very easy to use app that will let you setup the boot loader pretty much however you wish.. You could have Vista set as the default OS and as such when your mom used the computer it would automatically boot into Vista, thus not aggrevating her.. ;) You can download EasyBCD here:

Download EasyBCD 1.7.2 - NeoSmart Technologies

If you'd like some tips on how to use this app just let me know, I'd be glad to help ya out.. I know all to well about parents and their "Don't install that on my pc.. it'll ruin it.." and I agree it got very annoying.. :)

No need for Easybcd for such an alteration. You can do it through Msconfig - startup tab. Or the Control panel - system Advanced System settings. Advanced options - Startup and recovery.

Yeah, the latter step in davehc's post worked best for me, and it's extremely easy to use.

I'm liking Windows 7 so far. It seems PSOBB is working on it too.

Back