Windows 7 a question about Windows 7 builds

unpresedented

I have windows 7 build 6100 .. and i heared that there're a lot of builds in front of this one, i.e. 6800 or more
my question, should i reformat my PC and install the latest build in order to be able to get all features of the latest build, or it's enough to stay on my build (6100) and keep updating my windows 7 through windows update to get the features already exist in the latest build ?

small question: where to get information about the builds log of windows 7 ?

Hi unpresedented
the latest build the retail version (build 7600). This is the only version which is now available. All betas and RC versions have either ended or will end next year.
So you can now go out and buy yourself a brand new shiny copy of 7...:D

Oh and to find out which build your using.. The way I do it is to open 'My computer', press 'alt' on the k'board and then 'Help'. Then click on 'about windows' and the build number will show up as well as who the copy is licensed to..

Last edited:
HI Kemical,
thanx for the reply,
I have build 6100 but it's a retails version not RC or beta ...
so, I need an answer to the above question (if it's possible) ...

HI Kemical,
thanx for the reply,
I have build 6100 but it's a retails version not RC or beta ...
so, I need an answer to the above question (if it's possible) ...

I would check what build you really have because it's highly unlikely to be 6100, more like 7100. The earliest released build was 6519 and that was in January 2008! Unless it's 7600 then it's a beta/RC.

I got the idea
when i type "ver" in command line, i got the following:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
I can understand from this output that the build number is 7600, right ???
if yes, then I have a retails version of Windows 7, but how come that ?!?
I installed this version before 3 months ago ...
and it is activated with my laptop manufacturer logo on it (sony vaio) ...

I got the idea
when i type "ver" in command line, i got the following:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
I can understand from this output that the build number is 7600, right ???
if yes, then I have a retails version of Windows 7, but how come that ?!?
I installed this version before 3 months ago ...
and it is activated with my laptop manufacturer logo on it (sony vaio) ...

I don't know how you got this copy but it looks to be a pre-activated RTM build. You will be able to use this indefinitely until MS updates are able to discover that you have a cracked build. The 7600 build is feature complete anyway so you aren't missing out on anything. If it eases your conscience you could just go buy a copy :)

I don't know how you got this copy but it looks to be a pre-activated RTM build. You will be able to use this indefinitely until MS updates are able to discover that you have a cracked build. The 7600 build is feature complete anyway so you aren't missing out on anything. If it eases your conscience you could just go buy a copy :)
it's not a preactivated copy, my friend gave me a weird link (i forgot the address exactly) before 3 months now, and told me that this version of windows 7 is going to be the RTM one that will be launched on late october officially from Microsoft, so I downloaded, installed it, but it gave me 30 days trial period 'coz i didn't enter any key ...
after that, my friend has given me a file (named win7Loader as i can remember), and told me to run it, I did so, and my windows was got activated since that time !!! this is the whole story ...

it's not a preactivated copy, my friend gave me a weird link (i forgot the address exactly) before 3 months now, and told me that this version of windows 7 is going to be the RTM one that will be launched on late october officially from Microsoft, so I downloaded, installed it, but it gave me 30 days trial period 'coz i didn't enter any key ...
after that, my friend has given me a file (named win7Loader as i can remember), and told me to run it, I did so, and my windows was got activated since that time !!! this is the whole story ...

Well you have an 'unofficially' activated copy of the RTM build. It's up to you if you want to hang on to it or buy a legit copy. Eventually MS will be able to detect that your copy isn't genuine, but that may take many months or weeks, no-one knows for sure.

Gavins right, you are running pirate material. What you do now is entirely up to you but I find that in the long run it's best to be legit.

They are all right... you may be activated but your activation will expire in May next year.. unless you are runnig the Black hacked version.. but that is very unstable... you definitely won't be able to game with it.

Run Slmgr -xpr from a command prompt and it will tell you if it is permanently activated.

I agree.

What you are using is bogus. Can only jump on the band-wagon & urge you to go Genuine stat. Cost of software is already high enough...

You will also encounter fewer problems w/ Genuine.

Drew
MS Partner
MS Beta Tester

there won't be any problem when i run a pirated copy of windows 7 ... 'coz the key is already saved in Microsft database .. I'm using it for 3 months now, no single problem ..
and there are other millions of people who download Windows and crack it or use a fake serial, that in most cases, DOES WORK ...

Back
Top Bottom