Windows 11 Update on Windows 11, and a question!

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi again,

Well, I'm really liking Windows 11, I like how if you have two windows open, and you click on the one not showing it minimizes the one on top and expands the other, instead of putting the smaller one on top of the larger one maybe Windows 10 would do that two, but it wasn't on my computer.

But I have a question, if anyone knows the answer yet...

I installed my own sound files, that I've used for years, I.E. Empty Recycle Bin is my animation character Lucy's voice saying, "Enough of this Trash", etc.
Here's the problem, I activated the sound for Close Program, so she says "Program off", in the now called more sounds window, and I discovered that it plays this sound every 20 seconds, it seems like every time it does anything.

No problem, I'll just disable it...

That's the Problem, I can't figure out how to, you know, the Window that shows all the little speaker icons, you can turn them on and off.
Well I can't find a way to turn them off. It's easy to turn them on, just click on it, it's easy to change the sound, but I can't find a way to tell it to stop playing it!

I think you used to just right-click on them and say disable or something like that. I finally just went back to the Default sounds, it was driving my crazy.

If anyone has a clue, let me know?

Overall Widows 11 runs great, something's are a little hard to find, like the Sounds Window, but I did find it within a couple of minutes.
You have to keep scrolling down to More Sounds.

The one thing I really notice is how much faster it is, it's that new operating system feel.
The advantage is that I have my computer all set up, and I don't plan on making any real changes to it.
So I'm hoping it will keep feeling like it does now.

Tomorrow I will make my first System Image, so I can always get back to this point, but anyway so far so good.

As I run into more questions, I'll add them on to this thread.

Thanks
Mike

Back