A strange phenom

davidhk129

This is the only forum where no one is asking about how to remove the password reveal button on the IE10 and IE11.
Just my observation.

What password reveal button?

Restart/open your Win 8 > password box, look to the right.....

Image%205.jpg

You know, I've never paid it any attention. It's not a big deal for me then....lol.

You know, I've never paid it any attention. It's not a big deal for me then....lol.

Go to a computer which runs Win 7 and IE10 > logon to a website which requires your password > do NOT enter your password > instead, click that "eye" icon.
What do you see ?

Ok...used my laptop...I tried this site, youtube and a few other forums...all I get is username and password...nothing different. I don't see the "eye" icon.....Odd.

Well crap...I only have one version of IE 10 on my laptop....none the less, I don't see the "eye" icon anywhere on any site. Give me a site to check, if you don't mind.

Well crap...I only have one version of IE 10 on my laptop....none the less, I don't see the "eye" icon anywhere on any site. Give me a site to check, if you don't mind.

It really is not important. I brought the subject up because a lot of IE10 users are paranoid of having an "eye" that will reveal the password they enter.

I re-enable that eye option in my Win 7 IE10 , just to show you ..............
signing in to this forum. Notice the eye I circled in red.

Image%203%201.png

Well well, I finally see it....lol. It doesn't bother me one way or the other if it's there or not.

What does this have to do with the website? Besides, that option is an accessibility feature. And it is certainly not available in every browser or on every website. The idea of your password being starred is just so no one next to you can see it. It has nothing to do with the actual security and/or encryption of the password or how it is accessed and used later on.

Back