Windows 7 About ram on windows 7

GusG

Guys i want to ask you how much ram should a pc with windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit should have ??Because i have installed windows 7 32-bit and my computer lags!!

Hi Gus,
here's a rundown on RAM limits:

32Bit has a 4GB limit whilst 64bit depends on which version your running..

Here are the upper RAM limits for the different editions of Windows 7:

Starter: 8GB
Home Basic: 8GB
Home Premium: 16GB
Professional: 192GB
Enterprise: 192GB
Ultimate: 192GB

How much RAM do you have?

i have only 1 g ram so i have to buy one 2g ram??? So i will have 3 g ram!!! That will make my pc faster???Can you give me a link to buy a new ram??

You should see a marked improvement with adding the extra RAM.. Where do you live and I'll point out a e-tailor for you..

Your welcome Gus.. I had a quick look and this online store seems ok:

Computer4all.gr

Do you know what type of RAM your already have fitted?

It's usually best to stick with what's already installed manufacturer wise and you could always take a peek inside the case to see if it has a name attached. If not, then don't sweat it, as long as your not going to be overclocking you should be fine.

Another tip is to use an app like this one: Download CCleaner 2.33.1184 - FileHippo.com
This will keep your machine clean and running faster. Another useful app is this defrag app by Auslogics which is better and faster than the default windows version: Download Auslogics Disk Defrag for free

Finally a very good guide on keeping windows running tip top can be downloaded for free here: TweakGuides.com - The TweakGuides Tweaking Companion

You'll need a pdf reader for the above. Foxit Software - Downloads(Latest Version)

Your very welcome! Please post again if you need any further advice... :)

My computer was at the time I bought it Windows Vista - 32 bit. I had did a clean install of Windows 7 - 64 bit. If not mistaken I cannot go more than 4 gigs of memory because of the MB. Is that correct.

Why do you say that Sonny? Is it because there are only four slots? If so then don't worry as RAM can be bought in higher module sizes than 1GB. Most users typically buy 2GB modules although 4GB are available if needed.

Why do you say that Sonny? Is it because there are only four slots? If so then don't worry as RAM can be bought in higher module sizes than 1GB. Most users typically buy 2GB modules although 4GB are available if needed.

I was told I could not increase ram because of MB would not take more. I just wanted to find out before I went out and increased my ram. I appreciate your answering me.

If you know the name of the motherboard then please post back.. If not then this app will help you find out: Downloads | Lavalys.com

Once posted I'll be able to find out for you..

Back