Windows 7 Access is denied

skeptic

hello
i followed after this blog and it didn't help much
i still dont have premissions to the entire computer ever since i installed win7 ultimate
why da hell is that???
i added this nice tool
and it helped but its only for files and folders. i want to do it for entire partition why da hell can't i?? i have 400,000 files in computer and about 30,000 folders do i must do it for each one??
thanks

Last edited:
First be VERY carfull with that tool (context menu tool)!!! It can mess up your WHOLE computer. Don't EVER use it on System folders. So don't use it on Windows folder, Program Files folder etc...

Please explain what you need permission for exactly. Are you getting errors about permissions while trying to do something? What do you mean permission for a partition? What are you trying to do with the partition that you don't have permission to do?

p.s. Don't worry, we won't let you go through 400,000 files manually.... :)

First be VERY carfull with that tool (context menu tool)!!! It can mess up your WHOLE computer. Don't EVER use it on System folders. So don't use it on Windows folder, Program Files folder etc...

Please explain what you need permission for exactly. Are you getting errors about permissions while trying to do something? What do you mean permission for a partition? What are you trying to do with the partition that you don't have permission to do?

p.s. Don't worry, we won't let you go through 400,000 files manually.... :)
hi
the thing that harassing me is that for example im going to partition then want to edit some batch or text file or whatever and i dont have permission, so i must either use this tool or run as administrator or move the file to the desktop and back which is VERY annoying, another thing i can't kill processes like NOD32 antivirus (which i used this tool for this folder and didn't help), and cmd must run as administrator and things like that mostly. so how can i fix this so i have administrative premissions for entire computer once for all? btw, i already used this tool for the systemroot and program files and seems to work fine :D

last first... I said it CAN mess up your computer. Didn't say it definitely would. It's a dangerous thing to do but I see you are a dangerous person... Why would you be killing your Nod32 AV process?? What did he do to you to make you hate him so much? If you don't like it just uninstall it. If you want to temporarily stop AV monitoring, right click the icon and disable it.

What are you trying to batch? Renaming files? Moving files? What permission error are you getting when doing this? Since you are a dangerous person... :) let me ask... are you trying to batch something with files in the Windows or System32 folders?

Don't get me wrong... I hate the added security too. I would also like to feel more "In control" with my OS like with Linux. But I think if you had all the permission you are asking for, and doing the things I think you are trying to do... you would have much bigger problems like system failures and crashes! :)

If you go into computer -> right click on a drive -> properties -> security -> advanced

You will discover that you can make permission and ownership changes at the drive level that will propogate down through all folders and files on the drive. It's a bit convoluted but with a bit of experimentation you'll find it's not at all hard to use.

Also on the drive properties, directly, you can turn indexing on or off for the whole drive.
From the root folder, mark all sub-folders and right click for properties, from there you can change attributes for the entire drive.

last first... I said it CAN mess up your computer. Didn't say it definitely would. It's a dangerous thing to do but I see you are a dangerous person... Why would you be killing your Nod32 AV process?? What did he do to you to make you hate him so much? If you don't like it just uninstall it. If you want to temporarily stop AV monitoring, right click the icon and disable it.

What are you trying to batch? Renaming files? Moving files? What permission error are you getting when doing this? Since you are a dangerous person... :) let me ask... are you trying to batch something with files in the Windows or System32 folders?

Don't get me wrong... I hate the added security too. I would also like to feel more "In control" with my OS like with Linux. But I think if you had all the permission you are asking for, and doing the things I think you are trying to do... you would have much bigger problems like system failures and crashes! :)

rofl :p the thing is even when im disabling nod32 i still can't run some applications such is WPE and otherthings, i just used to in XP that i just type taskkill /f /im egui.exe and the nod is gone until further notice. now im limited with this and many other things. and the message i get is permission denied

Link Removed - Invalid URL

rofl :p the thing is even when im disabling nod32 i still can't run some applications such is WPE and otherthings, i just used to in XP that i just type taskkill /f /im egui.exe and the nod is gone until further notice. now im limited with this and many other things. and the message i get is permission denied

Of course. You're trying to take ownership of Program Files ... a system folder.
Even XP wouldn't let you do that.

Win 7 is FAR more picky about it's system files than any other OS before it. In my meagre experience with Win7 (developing code) I've already found at least 150 ways to screw it up... and only one that works. If you want a stable working system you should NEVER change permissions on anything except your personal data files, which should be in a separate partition from Win7; better still, on a separate physical drive.

I don't mean to lecture, I'm on your side... But I see people playing with Win7 permissions all the time, trying to get back to the Win2000 "free for all" approach and the most common result is "Format C:".

Last edited:
I will tell you what to do but I am not responsible for what you do with it.

Go to the folder properties, security, and click "advanced".
Make sure you are in the "Permissions" section. If not, add yourself.
Now go to the "Owner" tab and click the "Edit" button on the bottom.
Highlight your name. Select the box "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects.
Click OK twice.
Now highlight your name and make sure you have full control and click OK.

Should be ok now.

I will tell you what to do but I am not responsible for what you do with it.

Go to the folder properties, security, and click "advanced".
Make sure you are in the "Permissions" section. If not, add yourself.
Now go to the "Owner" tab and click the "Edit" button on the bottom.
Highlight your name. Select the box "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects.
Click OK twice.
Now highlight your name and make sure you have full control and click OK.

Should be ok now.
already done first thing it in the guide i provided in this thread
didnt help

Back