Windows 7 Action center icon missing and greyed out

GTAdoum

Hello,
I had a malware that I got rid of, but it deleted many parts of the registry.

I was able to find the missing parts and recover them. Only thing still not working is the action center icon in the taskbar. In the system icon activation screen, the action center activate/deactivate option is greyed out.
I checked with gpedit.msc, but nothing is set there.
I also tried sfc/scannow but it does not recreate missing registry parts.

What is the registry part and program file managing the action center icon :confused:
Thanks.

First double check and make sure that the Security Center service is started and its' startup type is set to Automatic (Delayed Start)
The actual registry key(s) that control these functions are
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Action Center\Checks
underneath which you will find multiple keys with individual GUIDs associated. Perhaps the event viewer might give you some indication as to which particular GUID is having the issue(s).

Hello,
It's been a long time, but a linkback made me remember I posted here :). This issue is still unresolved on my Windows 7. Registry entries and services are all present. The service is starting well.

I welcome any suggestions. I got used to start the maintenance center multiple times a week to see if there is anything that needs my attention...
Thanks.

Back