Windows 10 Ad Blocker Defeated in Chrome?

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

Has anyone else experienced Chrome blocking video if you run Ad Blocker?

If I turn on Ad Blocker the ad is gone and I get the sound, but there is a black screen in the video window.

If I turn Ad Blocker off the video returns but I have to watch the same ad, over and over every time I run a news video.

This becomes so annoying after the second or third time of watching a 30 second add to watch a 45 second video that I just turned Ad Blocker back on and listen to the commentary instead.

Is this just my computer or have they done something purposely to make Ad Blocker not work in Chrome.
This seems kind of weird since Google pushes Ad Blocker themselves in the Chrome app store.

Mike

It depends where you go. Some web sites won't show the video with an ad blocker enabled.

Hi

Your right, it seems to be on my Comcast home page that videos don't work.
YouTube works without showing the ads.

Mike

I run that ad blocker and see the same thing with certain sites. I watch a TV network online and you have to turn the blocker off.. I hate adverts too.

I've been in the advertising and graphic design business my whole life, but when they make you sit through the same ad that's as long as the video you are watching, over and over again, then that's too much.

It does seem that almost everything released nowadays has a dual purpose. One of those purposes being to lock you into some form of advertising. I understand that something free has to be paid for somehow but when it's starts to get as invasive as it has it becomes a turn off.

Hi guys, I have such a problem that I think is quite important to me. YouTube does not open. I don't know why, but I use adblock. I read somewhere that when Adblock works, YouTube does not allow you to access video, because YouTube makes money from advertising, and in this way wants to raise its revenue level, but that damages the company's reputation. I use Adgurad. I found it on https://thinkmobiles.com/blog/best-adblockers-chrome/. By the way, good article.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom