Windows 10 Add old Edge Favorites to New Edge?

KozaKing

Got a new laptop. From old Edge I saved all 300 links from favorite folders from the location mentioned in other threads.
"C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorites"
Now on new PC Edge I want to move them back to same folder, but first I opened new Edge and created new favorite folder named "Cars" and added a link inside such as autotrader But when I go to folder
I do not see my new folder even though it appears within Edge.
Where then can I move all 300 web links to?

Edge uses the Syncing features of W10. As long as your other PC W10 was using a Microsoft Login Account (not a Local Login), your new laptop is configured using the same Microsoft Login Account, all PCs using that Microsoft account will automatically get all 300 of your links saved on that other W10 PC!:applaud:

Of course this requires that both the old PC and the new Laptop are running W10 Activated with legit licenses. I have like 8 W10 machines and the licensed ones all behave in this manner so I can guarantee it will work. On some of my test W10 machines, Edge also seems to pickup all my favorites from my original W10 machine, but several of those are not Activated so I can't guarantee it will work on your laptop that way UNLESS it's W10 has been Activated with a legit W10 license. Even though, non Activated W10 machines seem to work Ok, you should know that.

Sorry, I can't give you a direct location, but I've never seen one that works, as the location for the links is shared across multiple dll libraries and lots of registry entries.

p.s. It took me many months of testing when W10 first came out to get my favorites to work on multiple machines, and I never did find a manual copy solution such as you are asking for. This solution works seamlessy, however, so you may consider at least trying it out as it will definitely solve your problem. :up:

Hope this helps,
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>> :usa:

Edge uses the Syncing features of W10. As long as your other PC W10 was using a Microsoft Login Account (not a Local Login), your new laptop is configured using the same Microsoft Login Account, all PCs using that Microsoft account will automatically get all 300 of your links saved on that other W10 PC!:applaud:

Of course this requires that both the old PC and the new Laptop are running W10 Activated with legit licenses. I have like 8 W10 machines and the licensed ones all behave in this manner so I can guarantee it will work. On some of my test W10 machines, Edge also seems to pickup all my favorites from my original W10 machine, but several of those are not Activated so I can't guarantee it will work on your laptop that way UNLESS it's W10 has been Activated with a legit W10 license. Even though, non Activated W10 machines seem to work Ok, you should know that.

Sorry, I can't give you a direct location, but I've never seen one that works, as the location for the links is shared across multiple dll libraries and lots of registry entries.

p.s. It took me many months of testing when W10 first came out to get my favorites to work on multiple machines, and I never did find a manual copy solution such as you are asking for. This solution works seamlessy, however, so you may consider at least trying it out as it will definitely solve your problem. :up:

Hope this helps,
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>> :usa:

I occasionaly DID login to my old PC to BING with my Microsoft id. So I did as you say and logged in to new laptop with my same id then enabled SYNC. But when I now open Edge, none of my favorites appear. Oh well, thanks anyway. I will manually add favorites to IE which can then be imported to Edge and then anytime I add/change a favorite do the same to both IE and Edge. Especially since IE I can Export them still.

Back
Top Bottom