Windows 8 Add right click scan for Windows Defender

PdxRealtor

I see there is no right click scan for virus with windows defender on windows 8. Anyone have any tips on how to add that functionality?

I found a site that shows how to add it via regedit, but I couldn't get it working on my machine.

'Pdx',

Although, I'm having a hard time to figure out what you are meaning w/ your query...

When you open Defender on the Home Tab @ the side of the window is Scan, Quick, Full or Custom. This you can initiate manually @ any time. In the Settings tab under Advanced there are scan options available.

Cheers,
Drew
Win8Logo.jpg

Thanks for your reply. I did check out the areas in Windows Defender that you mentioned, but did not find an option to accomplish what I am looking for.

In most anti - virus programs, including Windows Defender of the past, there is an option in the menu when you right click on a file that asks if you want to scan that file.

This option is gone in Windows 8. I used it quite often in the past...... and do miss it a lot.

'Pdx',

Ah, ok. Here's an alternative suggestion/solution for you...
Install Malwarebytes. When you Rt Clk on a file or folder the menu will offer "Scan w/ Malwarebytes"

But, also, bear in mind, when Defender does scan your machine it looks @ all its files.

Cheers,
Drew
Win8Logo.jpg
Cheers,

Thanks. I'd rather not install another program just to get the right click functionality. I really like that feature for email attachments and downloads from sources that aren't so trustworthy.

I also really like the light load WD puts on the system.....

Back
Top Bottom