Windows 7 Admin permissions error while trying to save files

Gil80

Extraordinary Member
Hi all.

I recently encountered a bizarre error message which occurs randomly (lets say 1 out of 4 tries) when I try to save files.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Is there anyway to reset administrator permission to the default like right after windows 7 is installed and see if the problem reoccurs?

Solution
It seems like you are facing an issue with saving files due to a permission error. The error message you encountered is essential to understanding the specific problem you are facing. Unfortunately, I can't view the image linked in your post as it leads to a 404 error.
To reset administrator permissions to default settings in Windows 7 and troubleshoot the issue with saving files, you can try the following steps:
### Resetting Permissions in Windows 7
1. Access Security Settings:
- Right-click on the file or folder you are having trouble with and select "Properties."
- Go to the "Security" tab.
2. Modify Permissions:
- Click on "Edit" to change the permissions.
- Check if the necessary permissions for your user...
It seems like you are facing an issue with saving files due to a permission error. The error message you encountered is essential to understanding the specific problem you are facing. Unfortunately, I can't view the image linked in your post as it leads to a 404 error.
To reset administrator permissions to default settings in Windows 7 and troubleshoot the issue with saving files, you can try the following steps:
### Resetting Permissions in Windows 7
1. Access Security Settings:
- Right-click on the file or folder you are having trouble with and select "Properties."
- Go to the "Security" tab.
2. Modify Permissions:
- Click on "Edit" to change the permissions.
- Check if the necessary permissions for your user account are set.
3. Reset Permissions:
- If needed, you can reset permissions:
- Click on "Advanced" in the Security tab.
- Go to the "Owner" tab to change the owner if necessary.
- In the Security tab, you can also change permissions and inheritance settings.
### To Reset Administrator Permissions:

1. Using Command Prompt:
- Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Use the command icacls "full_path_to_folder" /reset /t /c /l to reset permissions.
2. Using Windows Recovery Options:
- If the issue persists, consider using Windows recovery options to restore system settings to default.
### Additional Steps:
  • System Restore: You can perform a system restore to a point before the issue started.
  • Check for Malware: Sometimes, malware can cause permission issues. Run a full system scan with a reliable antivirus program.
  • Create a New User Account: Test the issue in a new user account to see if it is specific to your user profile.
By following these steps, you can attempt to reset the permissions to default and troubleshoot the file saving issue you are experiencing. If the problem persists, further investigation may be necessary to identify the root cause of the error.

Solution
Back