Windows 10 Administrator problem .

NettleWarbler

Honorable Member
There's a big round red cross at the top left of the window . then it says "windows cannot access the specified device , path or file . You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the file . " That's what it says when I try to install ccleaner . I have been having a lot of trouble running some software . I used bing to try and find an answer that's the site I was on . it told me about
Hi,

If any of the suggestions do not work for you, do the following:

1. right click the application in question

2. at the bottom of the properties screen (under the Advanced button) there is a button that says "UNBLOCK" (there should be a security message that states that this file has been copied from another computer...)

3. Press this button.

this worked for me.
which did nothing for me , then further down the page the method I tried was .
This problem usually on the computers .Now try this.

My Computer--->right click on C drive--->properties--->in the upper tab there is security tab click on that

After doing this,In security tab there is Groups& Users ---> administrator ----> Permissions ....Give full acess to administrator means that check all the allow except of special permission....

When I right clicked on the C drive I think I must have deleted the administrators that were on there at first , now I would like to start again and put the right . i'm not to teckie minded so you will have to give exact details , my windows is windows 10 64bit , thank you for any help .
There was a link I had to take out , that's why I couldn't say what site I was on . sorry I really am quite numb .

When I right clicked on the C drive I think I must have deleted the administrators that were on there at first , now I would like to start again and put the right . i'm not to teckie minded so you will have to give exact details , my windows is windows 10 64bit , thank you for any help .
There was a link I had to take out , that's why I couldn't say what site I was on . sorry I really am quite numb .
If that really is the case I would suggest reinstalling Windows. It is the easiest way to get things right, without going to deep in technical details of Windows
Go to All Settings > Update and Repair > System Repair

Hello I went to All settings /update and security /recovery theres a section that says Reset this PC , but nothings happening when I click on Get started

I downloaded ICOfx as someone on the site I was on trying to find an answer recommended it , but it wouldn't install

When I right clicked on the C drive then selected properties I think it had about 4 options NettleWarbler , Users / groups something like that but I deleted them all to try to bypass the administrator rights hoping ICOfx would install but it didn't . now when I go to right clicked on the C drive Properties / security I get Group or user names NettleWarbler (DESKTOP-3ENE867\NettleWarbler)

When I right clicked on the C drive then selected properties I think it had about 4 options NettleWarbler , Users / groups something like that .......
Not quite sure where you saw these options, right clicking on C: gives me the properties screen of C: with tabs Security, Prev versions and so on.

Where exactly did you remove those items?

B.t.w. you can always download W10, make a bootable device and start the installation from there

Not quite sure where you saw these options, right clicking on C: gives me the properties screen of C: with tabs Security, Prev versions and so on.

Where exactly did you remove those items?

B.t.w. you can always download W10, make a bootable device and start the installation from there
Hello bochane ,I right clicked disc C , i then went to properties then security etc that's where I deleted the admin accounts . not sure if I clicked on Advanced when in properties ,?
If I downloaded windows 10 and made a bootable disc , would I be able to keep my folders and files when I install it . Thank you . ###
The site I was on was Microsoft Community I put the link on when I first asked for help , but had to remove it when I could'nt ask the question with the link there .

Last edited:
......I right clicked disc C , i then went to properties then security etc that's where I deleted the admin accounts . ...
Ah I see, I think you did not remove Admin accounts, you removed the rights from accounts.

Once removed, you lack the rights to restore them.

I see no other option as reinstalling. Not sure whether you will be able to keeping your files. Sorry

Henk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom