Windows 10 Adobe Photoshop Elements/album 2.0

Rich73Kelly

I am not sure where to post this so, admin, please move if need be.

Hi all, ... I purchased "Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 plus Photoshop Album 2.0" back in like, 2004 for $130 from Best Buy when I bought my XP machine new. At that time, our phones weren't capable of taking decent photos, if at all. Lol. So, I bought a digital camera with a memory card. As the memory card would fill up, I'd d/load the photos in to Adobe Photoshop Album completely ignorant to the fact that Adobe uses their own extension for stored photos.
Fast forward 15 years, now I have a Win 10 machine and thousands of photos I can only view one at a time clicking on its date code. No page of 25 to 50 small pictures to pick from.
My question here is this, is there a program to possibly convert these photos to .jpg or, something similar? I don't feel like paying nearly $200 for a current version of Photoshop, if it is even available just to find out it won't convert them anyway.
The good news is this, I still have the XP machine, it booted up last time I set it up and all the photos were in tact on there. I did also, put them all on a flash drive to try and view them on a Win10 machine out at my daughters place. This was when I learned I could no longer view the pictures themselves.

What is the files extension/type (the three letters after the dot)?

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

Photoshop Elements costs $99, but if you still have the serial number of the package you bought 15 years ago, you could download the trial version from here Download Photoshop Elements free trial | Adobe Photoshop Elements and try using it. Anyways, if you download the trial version, you can use it for 30 days without paying. Then you could save your pictures in an universal format like jpg.
There are also a lot of other free programs that can deal with any picture formats like FastStone FastStone Image Viewer - Powerful and Intuitive Photo Viewer, Editor and Batch Converter
75ddfbd586b73557a90525d0bd2a1844.jpg

Is there a program = yes Adobe Bridge is free, works both for making permanent or non distructive changes and is intended for these scenarios

Sent from my SP9 using Windows Forums mobile app

Sorry, GDany for taking so long to respond. Wow! now I am baffled ... I plugged in the flash drive I added them all to. In properties they are all either jpeg or .jpg. So, I took the time to put together and fire up the ole XP machine .... same thing, .jpg for the extension.

So, now my question is this ... Why do all the photos have a thumbnail so they are viewable in Photoshop Album or Windows Picture and Fax viewer in XP but, anywhere out side of that they are all by date code? I would like them all to have thumbnails so I can see them instead of having to view them one by one to find the one I want.

Every file in Windows operating system that needs a certain program to be viewed, opened or activated in some way will have to be associated with that program and consequently will have the program's icon when viewed in Windows File Explorer/Manager. The association between the file type and its program is done automatically at the time of program installation. If there is no program installed on the computer that can open the file, then the file will have a general icon when viewed in File Explorer.
In your case, your pictures are shown with an Adobe Elements icon on your XP computer because AE is installed there. On your daughter's Win10 computer you do not see the Adobe Elements icon because the program is not installed there.
The jpeg or jpg file type is a universal picture type known by any computer these days. Win10 does have built-in support for viewing jpg files without the need of an external program.
To show thumbnails in File Explorer in Win10 read this:
To show pictures as a slideshow in Win10 read this: How to View a Slideshow on Windows 10

This looks like exactly what I am looking to do. ... Let me "play" with it a bit and see if it works.
Thank you!

Back