Windows 7 ADSL Modem disconnected

cech

I have upgraded from Vista now my internet connection will not work. On network connections it says that my ADSL Easy Dial-up is disconnected. Under properties it says that ISDN channel Removed. I am not connected to a network just trying to connect to the internet directly. Have used system restore but this only takes me back to the windows7 OS when the problem started.
Any help would be appreciated. I have McAfee installed.

You should really contact your Internet Service Provider for this assistance, as we're unsure as to the protocols your ISP may use.
alternatively, you could perform a Custom (clean install) of Windows 7

Do you remember the setup you did when you first got the modem? I haven't used DSL for a long time so I have forgotten what is required. I do remember they always sent software, which I never used. It may be looking for a specific IP address, but if you have the setup instructions, you might go through those.

Thanks for the tips. I still have the discs which came with the original ADSL installation but when I try to re-install, it doesn't work because of the ISDN channel removed message. I will let you know what happens.

It's always possible the installation CD software is incompatible with Windows 7, When I got my DSL it took my 11 hours to get it working, turned out the program was incompatible with my computer.

anyway, best of luck.

Back