Windows 10 After win10 upgrade new printers drivers necessary?

Fenway16

Honorable Member
Just wondering about this for future. Couldn't get my printer to work after today's upgrade. Thought it might need drivers updated - after I did that, printer worked. My question - is this necessary whenever we do one of these upgrades? Thanks.

It really depends on changes in the upgrade. Generally the drivers shouldn't need to be updated.

Printer does not want to print today after working fine yesterday. Should I download drivers again. Should I delete the device. Help!!

I had a client yesterday that had an HP Office Jet 9600 something or other and after upgrading from Windows 8 to 10 it indeed needed reinstalled. Printer object was there but showed an error that the driver was not available. Reinstalling the printer fixed it. First time I have ever needed to reinstall a printer driver from an 8 to 10 upgrade. Perhaps something in build 1903 changed the way it handles it, I have no idea.

Hmm. Also, just got another windows update today. When I rebooted, window came up with error message for the printer I reinstalled this morning. I haven't tried printing since then but I'll let you know. Don't like this. o_O

I just printed a test page and it worked fine. But, keep getting error msg when I reboot. How do I get rid of that? The little x in upper right corner???

Back
Top Bottom