After win10 upgrade new printers drivers necessary?

Fenway16

Just wondering about this for future. Couldn't get my printer to work after today's upgrade. Thought it might need drivers updated - after I did that, printer worked. My question - is this necessary whenever we do one of these upgrades? Thanks.

Fenway16

Printer does not want to print today after working fine yesterday. Should I download drivers again. Should I delete the device. Help!!

Josephur

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
I had a client yesterday that had an HP Office Jet 9600 something or other and after upgrading from Windows 8 to 10 it indeed needed reinstalled. Printer object was there but showed an error that the driver was not available. Reinstalling the printer fixed it. First time I have ever needed to reinstall a printer driver from an 8 to 10 upgrade. Perhaps something in build 1903 changed the way it handles it, I have no idea.

Fenway16

Hmm. Also, just got another windows update today. When I rebooted, window came up with error message for the printer I reinstalled this morning. I haven't tried printing since then but I'll let you know. Don't like this. o_O

Fenway16

I just printed a test page and it worked fine. But, keep getting error msg when I reboot. How do I get rid of that? The little x in upper right corner???