Windows 7 Album Art - Appears in WMC, not in WMP 12

jferrel4

I am having a generally positive experience with the Windows 7 Beta. However, I am experiencing the most baffling of issues, which hopefully I can get resolved. I ripped my small CD collection to the hard drive on my computer, using WMP 12. I checked all the boxes to ensure that the information was pulled down from the internet (much as I did in WMP 11) so that I would have all the correct ID3 tags, album art, etc.

I soon noticed that none of the ripped albums contained album art. When a song is played, a small album art (the actual album art/correct picture) appears in the bottom left hand corner, but the main icon for the folder remains blank. I cannot seem to force it to downloand/display the album art as it always did in WMP11.

However, album art is downloaded and in full effect if I launch Media Center. Any clues as to what could be causing this? Btw, I am using the 64-bit version.

I'm having this problem too. I could not download the album art, but I found a way to show the art. Just search in Google for the album art, save, and drag it to the place where it should be in WMP. It worked for me.

Back