Windows 7 All Programs Menu issue

wanleecone

I have a Toshiba laptop that came with Windows 7 (64 bit) installed on it. I have been using it the last 4-5 months with no problems. Recently, the All Programs menu has started acting strangely. The programs on the upper part of the list are being selected fine. However, when I get into programs that are in folders, I select the folder and the All Programs menu scrolls all the way back to the top. Then when I scroll back to the place I was before, it has opened the incorrect folder. If I try to pick a program from there, it does the scroll back to the top and it will open the incorrect program. I have done a system restore and it has does not help. Anyone heard of this?

Are you using an external mouse that might need batteries, or reloaded the driver for your mouse/touchpad?

There have been some strange occurrences if certain types of external flash drives have been plugged in, so if you have any, try removing them.

Thank you for your response saltgrass. The problem was the mouse. I just would not have thought of it because I have been using this mouse for just as long as I have had the computer and this is the first time this has happened. I'm glad I didn't decide to follow the advice of toshiba tech support which was to restore my computer to factory settings. You have saved me a lot of headache.

Back
Top Bottom