Windows 7 AMD Industry's First WHQL-certified Drivers for Win7

loathe

AMD is ready with the industry's first WHQL-certified set of drivers for Microsoft Windows 7. The Catalyst WHQL Windows 7 driver comes as yet another first for AMD, and a first for Microsoft's Windows 7 certification program. Dated 5/5/2009, the drivers carry the version 8.612, feature full support for Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 1.1 and works with ATI Raedon HD 2000, HD 3000, and HD 4000 series. The drivers also provide support for ATI Stream GPGPU technology. techPowerUp!

These are not a new version of CCC though. Installed perfectly on my system, no manual install here. Hydravision bundled also. AMD first again.

Windows 7 64bit download

Windows 7 32bit download

Make sure you download the bottom driver, the WHQL-certified one.

Last edited:
Nice job!,

I just posted a possible solution to someone who was getting an error with his ATI Catalyst and found some information on the error stating it wasn't signed by Microsoft (WHQL-certified)

He has a ATI Radeon Xpress 200 256 mb.

Hope this can be the solution he needs:)

This is very good news... ;) Also installed flawlessly on my new AMD rig.. :) Making me very glad I stuck with AMD instead of going for the Core i7.. :) This new rig is proving itself all the time... :)

This is very good news... ;) Also installed flawlessly on my new AMD rig.. :) Making me very glad I stuck with AMD instead of going for the Core i7.. :) This new rig is proving itself all the time... :)

Yeh nice rig bro, bet 7 goes alright on that

This is very good news... ;) Also installed flawlessly on my new AMD rig.. :) Making me very glad I stuck with AMD instead of going for the Core i7.. This new rig is proving itself all the time... :)

I'm building my dad an AMD system right now, it's a great system for the price (HTPC machine, PhII x3). I, however, will be going Core i7 very soon. I need as much performance as I can get for a reasonable price though. AMD is great for a budget, but Intel is currently the top bin when it comes to straight performance. Hopefully by the time I sell most of my current system to a friend (next 1-2 months) there will be another price drop on the Core i7. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get my Ci7 920, MB and 12GB of RAM for under $600. Right now it's at about $670 for those 3.

It is good to see AMD getting WHQL certified drivers for Win 7 though. :) I've always liked AMD as a company.

Do any of you guys know if the current 8.612 Catalyst package will be exactly the same as the 9.5 Catalyst package due to be released next week (Windows7-wise only, ofc) ?

Thanks in advance.

I would think so. Im guessing they just wanted to get their driver out first. We will see though.

Back