AMD release Ryzen motherboard driver update

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
AMD release Chipset Drivers for Ryzen processors. This driver set offers optimized chipset compatibility with AMD Ryzen processors and AMD Socket AM4.

Ready for AMD Ryzen processors - AMD Socket AM4 represents the company’s new future-proof platform targeting the fastest DDR4 memory, PCIe 3.0, and NVMe technologies available, as well as the first native USB 3.1 Gen2 support on a chipset. With processor-direct SATA and USB connectivity, configurable for real-world flexibility, the new AM4 platform takes advantage of the leading-edge features of today, and tomorrow.

This driver supports the X370, B350, A320 and A300 chipsets. Supports Windows 10/8.1/7 (32 & 64-bit).
  • AMD Chipset Drivers
  • AMD AHCI Driver
  • AMD USB 3.0 Driver
  • AMD SB7xx RAID Drivers
  • AMD SB8xx RAID Drivers
  • AMD SB9xx RAID Drivers
  • AMD A-Series APU Chipset RAID Drivers
  • AMD E-Series APU Chipset RAID Drivers
  • AMD Ryzen Series drivers

chipset.JPG

Reference and download:
Chipset

thanks for posting this but I wouldn't touch those drivers myself

Because chipset drivers come from the board makers (with Ryzen chips), thats Asus, MSI or Gigabyte... the drivers here are at best, untested

No the drivers come from AMD. The board partners just repackage them. Those drivers Ross posted are directly from the chi[set and cpu vendor AMD. Can't get anymore legit than that.

yes they come from AMD but they are not tested to work with Asus, Msi or Giga Ryzen boards just generic one size fits all drivers... thats why the ventors need to test and repackage them before some nub looks at it and thinks 'hay my Ryzen chip will run on a old 32bit system?'

anyway my point is be careful and everyone here already knows that about chip drivers

Those drivers as nmsuk said are already tested with the AMD "chipsets" That means, when you install them, the .ini file will read your chipset and install accordingly. Meaning it's tested already on the new AMD chipsets, The actual board maker isn't a concern. That said they may or may not offer any tangible difference as of yet vs the Microsoft default Ryzen drivers, which are also AMD originated. Sort of like how some people with Intel Z77-87-97-170-270 Intel system choose to install the actual Intel chipset drivers with Win 8/8.1/10 and some just use the 2006-2007 MS default drivers. The ones that actually benefit the most from installing new/ real /up to date chipset drivers are usually power users, enthusiasts, gamers, where they can tell and feel the difference, and it's also tangible in benchmarks. I have built only 3 Ryzen systems so far but have not installed any new chipset drivers but they all seem to work fine however I would think that these drivers should help especially with new GPU's for performance scaling and overall smoothness of operation under stress. Not sure but I will know soon.

The ones that actually benefit the most from installing new/ real /up to date chipset drivers are usually power users, enthusiasts, gamers,
:)

Chipset drivers IMO should always be installed first after any re-install and as you guy's well know they are often overlooked by the unwashed and dazed..

Ultimately with any driver it's almost always more favourable to obtain them from the actual board manufacturers support page but not essential.

yes they come from AMD but they are not tested to work with Asus, Msi or Giga Ryzen boards just generic one size fits all drivers... thats why the ventors need to test and repackage them before some nub looks at it and thinks 'hay my Ryzen chip will run on a old 32bit system?'

anyway my point is be careful and everyone here already knows that about chip drivers

I have to disagree these are not just generic they're THE drivers to install. Motherboards aren't like laptop where it's best to get from the manufacturer.

I like and own 2 gigabyte GA-78lmt-s2p motherboard... They have given me solid performance and one is what I am replacing with my new Ryzen

I will wait to update the drivers. Chipset drivers are safe to be used or not is still a debate.
So hold onto your horses and wait until you get the reviews about the drivers.
If the majority of the customers give positive reviews about the drivers then it is settled.
You can install it. If the reviews are not good. Then do not install them.

Hi, I have an HP Laptop with Ryzen 4000 Series Processor, could I benefit from installing these Drivers?
My PC is 1.5 years old, and I keep all my other Drivers up to date.:oops:

HP are the dodgy underbelly of system retailers known to swap out parts before selling them on so yes drivers from AMD are prob worth testing as a better option

Back