Windows 7 Annoying printer driver doesn't get installed!!

chaoscreater

I'm using Windows 7 Professional x86. I have this old HP Deskjet 656c printer that i'm trying to setup, and it just doesn't work no matter what i try!!

First off, it's an old printer so the drivers don't support windows 7, and there aren't any vista or windows 7 drivers i can download for it either, i've searched ages already. The only way to do this is to connect the printer to the PC via the USB, and go to Printer & Devices and add printer manually from there. Once there, you choose Windows Update and it will take a while to downloading the full list of all the printer brands and models. Then, you choose HP and choose the model.

I did research on this already ages ago, and the compatible printer driver i need to select from the windows update is HP Deskjet 660c. I dunno why choosing the proper model for my printer doesn't work, but anyway it works.

Oh I forgot to mention, i've done all of this before and have got it working for all my other PCs, but on this new PC of mine i try to do the same and i get the error 0x00000057.

I Googled for that error but couldn't find anything to solve it, what should i do?

One other thing, is it possible to download the printer drivers from windows update and save it onto your hardisk so i can make a backup?? I hate having to click windows update because it takes forever to load the list of printer drivers....

Back