Windows 10 Annoying Windows update nag screen

jim12345

Hi does anyone know how to stop these update nag screens that pop up everyday, i dont want to download any updates at the moment and dont really like being constantly asked to do so.
Also the really annoying thing is the machine is used with a large screen to show the current status of a server with incoming and outgoing traffic and any issues etc and this thing dims the screen and takes center stage:mad:
annoying_updates.png

You could turn windows update service off
Screenshot (385).png

p.s I wouldn't let WX within 10 yards of any of my servers... W8.1 is much better for that.

Thanks i will do this updates really don't matter on this machine.
Whats the problem with Windows 10, please enlighten me? This machine is basically just showing a remote window to the actual servers desktop with statistics etc showing through that remote connection then Firefox in another window showing other current stats/issues

The problem is WX is a beta (untested and unreliable) build that Microsoft has pushed out before its ready for main stream… the driver support is patchy and secretive and the browser security is nothing short of a bad joke designed to collect data and sell adds. I see you have decided not to use IE (edge) and probably came to the same conclusion about its reliability… does that sound like something you should allow on your server?

On the plus side WX adds Edge and Cortana to the list of options that you don't get with W8.1

ime cortana does not add anything unless you actually need voice controls (i.e, users may be blind or perhaps disabled) I've yet to meet any one (including some Microsoft employees) who think Edge is secure enough to back door into a server with.

At the very best Windows 10 introduces an unknown element into the scenario.

Back
Top Bottom