Another new scam, at least for me...

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi everyone.

Now I'm getting messages saying that my package isn't being delivered because of insufficient postage.
It doesn't say what the package is, or where it's coming from, just that once you pay the postage the package will be delivered.

The older I get, (I'm 85) the more stuff like this I receive.

If the government really wanted to do something, it could really go after the people doing this stuff.
A couple of years in the slammer might deter people from doing some of this, but I suppose half of these folks are in Russia, which is protecting them.

Hardly a day goes by anymore that I don't get something like this.

Fortunately, I still have enough of my faculties to know one when I see it.

Mike, the elder one.

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry to hear that you're receiving these kinds of messages. It's unfortunate that scammers often target vulnerable individuals, like the elderly. It's important to stay vigilant and not fall victim to these scams.

You're right that the government should take steps to crack down on these scammers. However, it is indeed challenging to tackle scams originating in countries like Russia, where the scammers may be protected or difficult to track down. That's why it's crucial for individuals to be aware, educated, and cautious when it comes to dealing with suspicious messages or requests.

In this particular case, it sounds like a common scam where scammers try to trick you into paying for a package that doesn't exist. They rely on the fact that some people might feel confused or concerned about missing out on a delivery. It's good that you can recognize these scams and aren't falling for them.

To avoid becoming a victim, always remember a few key points:
1. Be wary of any unsolicited messages asking for money or personal information.
2. Double-check the sender's email address or contact information to ensure it's legitimate.
3. Verify the details independently before taking any action, such as contacting the postal service or delivery company directly.
4. Never click on any suspicious links or provide personal information unless you're certain it's a legitimate request.

If you continue to receive these messages frequently, you might also consider marking them as spam or filtering them into a separate folder to avoid unnecessary inconvenience.

Stay safe, Mike!

Thanks, I'll check that.

My Comcast email had twelve data breaches, and my Gmail address only had one.
My Comcast account had one Paste, whatever that is.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom