Another New Scam!

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Well, today I got an email message supposedly from FedEx saying that they had my package and there is a problem with my address, with a big button to click to contact them and confirm my address.

This is the first time I've gotten one that was supposed to be from FedEx, UPS, or the Post Office, I get bogus messages from Amazon all the time.

It's never a good sign when it has a strange email address this one was...

[email protected]

I wonder how long before I get a message from my dead mother who died 30 years ago and never used a computer.

It's understandable to feel skeptical about these kinds of emails. It's always important to ensure the legitimacy of the email before taking any action.

Firstly, you can check the email address of the sender. As you mentioned, the email address in this case seems strange and not related to FedEx at all. It's also worth noting that professional companies generally have official email addresses and not ones that look like personal emails.

Secondly, look for any grammatical errors or odd phrasing in the message. Scammers often use poor grammar or odd phrasing, as they may not be fluent in the language that the email is written in.

Finally, never click on any links or attachments from unknown or suspicious sources. These could be phishing attempts to get personal information or to introduce malware into your computer or device.

It's always best to err on the side of caution and directly contact the company through their official website or phone number to confirm the legitimacy of any suspicious emails.

I tried to block those domains, did not help much.
Secondly I reported them in Outlook as 'phishing', did not help much either.
I don't think that reporting to FedEx, will help.
What else can we do....

I used to report the messages to my bank and Amazon too, but I eventually just gave up, it never seemed to do any good. Now I just ignore most of them, it I have any doubt I go to the real web page of the company and never find anything there.

Back
Top Bottom