Windows 7 Another punter with random BSODs

NeiloMac

I just purchased parts and built a brand new system last week, and it's having continual BSOD problems in Windows. Here's my specs -

Gigabyte H55M-USB3 motherboard
Intel Core i3 2.93GHz CPU
4GB Corsair DDR3 1333
Zotac GeForce GT 240 512MB
Win 7 Home Premium 64bit

I've updated motherboard drivers, LAN drivers, the BIOS, the video card drivers...I can't seem to trace the crashes to any one thing, but it seems to happen under some sort of heavy load - whenever I run 3DMark Advantage, it always BSODs before the full test can be completed, for example.

Dump files should be attached. WhoCrashed doesn't indicate any particular drivers causing the problems, just NT kernel crashes, which indicates hardware issues. :-/ Hopefully with a bit of crowd-sourcing I can get my new system up and running and not dying on its arse every half an hour.

View attachment dumps.zip

OK, that appears to be part of 3DMark, which means I don't have a sure fire way to cause a crash now. I'll install Oblivion and see if that does the trick.

lol Right. 2004 driver is a sure way to cause a crash. Be glad to be rid of it and enjoy.

Well, the system ran for a good solid 4 hours or so last night with 1 stick of RAM in and 3DMark removed. Put the other stick back in this morning and...it BSODed three times. Looks like a possible dodgy RAM module/channel? New dump files attached.

View attachment newdumps.zip

Yep. All of your drivers are in good shape. So, you do have a RAM problem. Use CPU-Z to find out the exact model number of the RAM. Then visit the manufacturer's site for the proper VDIMM (voltage) and timings.
Set the motherboard bios manually with these settings.

Then either use Windows normally in hopes of no crash or run Memtest86+ overnight to test the RAM. Sometimes, the modules only show as faulty when tested individually while others are removed.

Back
Top Bottom