Windows 7 Another weird multiscreen issue in Win 7

Lourens Botha

I have an Acer TM8572G with Nvidia screen manager and is using an external LG W2443T monitor as primary monitor on an extended screen setup. The monitor is attached via ordinary VGA socket to the laptop.

It has happened a few times that the LG monitor scales itself to about 15% wider than the monitor size with the result that I have unavailable space between the two monitors. I have played around with all settings on both Win7 setup and Nvidia but cannot correct this. Previously it suddenly rectified itself after another normal rebooting sequence. It happened again now and reboot did not help nor any setup changes, disabling multiscreens or anything else I could think of... I have checked for the latest Nvidia drivers etc - no luck.

Any suggestions??

Hi Kemical

Tx for the feedback. I have tried the hot fix but no luck.

I have also now seen that if I switch the order of the screens(Laptop screen -second screen) with the Win7 setup screen (Not with NVidia) the issue disappears, i.e. I do not get the hidden area between the two monitors. Switching them back (Second Screen-Laptop screen) the hidden area is back again.

Hi Kemical

Thank you for your effort - I really appreciate it...

I have already installed this driver in my search for a solution to the problem but it had no effect on the problem. From the looks of it the driver does not add any tools or extra options to any of the setup screens apart from renaming the Generic Analog Monitor to an LG monitor.

I have also run several registry tools to repair any possible errors in the registry that might cause the issue.

Lourens

I wonder if some files have become corrupted.. Have you considered system restore? If you can remember when it first happened and then going back to a time before that (if possible) it might help.
One way to perhaps see if indeed it is a driver related problem try starting up in safe mode (F8) and seeing if the problem remains.

Back