Windows 10 Any information on clean install on different drive?

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

I've got my Windows TP 10041 install disk made.
I've tested it and it boots and starts the install process.

I want to install to a new partition with out removing my current install from the drive it's on.
It's on a different physical hard drive.

Any suggestions, I don't want to get into a position where it takes over and installs over my current install without letting me get out.

Will it ask me where I want to install it, and will it cause any issues as far as booting when I finish or give me a boot options menu?

I want to install to the drive labeled Windows 10 10041...

Disk%20Management_zpslmogkfy0.jpg

Mike

Start the DVD, Mike, and it will come to a windows with a large "INSTALL NOW" in the middle of the windows. Agree, and on the next page you will have the option to customise. Select that and you can choose where to install.
But, things go wrong. The usual - make an image first!

Hi

To Dave...

That's what I wanted to know.

The first time I installed I got hooked into overwriting my Windows 8 install and couldn't back out.
Actually I tried to back out and ended up with an un-bootable computer.

I had a system backup so it wasn't a disaster, and I'll make a new one just before I do the install.

To Norway...

I want to install the new Version of Windows 10 10041 to the drive and partition that used to have my Windows 8 install one it.
I want Windows 10 on a larger partition and I want a clean start.

This it the drive I had to restore when it became un-bootable after partitioning it.
It's all reformatted now and ready to go.

Later when I have the new one all set up I'll remove the old install, but I'm hoping to be able to dual boot for a while.
It takes a while to get all my stuff reinstalled and set up again.

Mike

Back