Windows 10 Anyone attempted to play with the new Game DVR?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Just discovered this and recorded a very boring instance of Spider Solitaire, but at least it works.
Not sure how robust it is at this point, nor if it even works on third party games, but I thought it was at least interesting that it was included natively.
I thought maybe some real gamers might have had an opportunity to experiment a bit and let me know if it sucks or possibly has some potential down the road.
SOURCE: How to Record PC Gameplay With Windows 10’s Game DVR and Game Bar

Just tried it with the Witcher 3 but it refused to play. Works fine in browsers but that's kinda missing the point somewhat. Seems like it needs work?

Hi

I just gave it a try in Freecell...
I'll try it in Witcher tomorrow and see if it works.

It seems to automatically stop recording when the game ends, it didn't show the score window, which showed 36 out of 36 wins.

I've done 100 straight twice now.
At 77 this is how I keep my brain working.
When I start losing I'll know I'm going down hill. LOL

Fraps doesn't seem to work with Windows 10, at least not for me.
I was trying it with The Witcher 3 earlier today.

Mike

Hi

Back again, I tried game capture in The Witcher 3 and it worked.

The video came out looking pretty good, a little too dark so I had to open it in Premiere and use autocorrect to get the color to look right but after that it looked spot on.

I should have shot the video in the daylight.

Mike

I tried it but windows said my hd 6970 x 2 is not supported. Only 7 series and 4000 intel graphics. Surely this can be sorted so lower end cards work as well.?

Hi

I'm running a Nvidia Geforce 680 Video Card, and not having any issues.
Where did you see the message, about not being supported?

Have any idea what they are talking about when they say "Record Game in Background"?
I had this turned off, but I've turned it on now.

I don't quite get why you'd be recording a game in the background?
Wouldn't you be playing it when you are recording? LOL

Mike

I found this...

According to Microsoft, game DVR capabilities are only available if the following video cards are installed in the machine.

• AMD Radeon HD 7000 series, HD 7000M series, HD 8000 series, HD 8000M series, R9 or R9 series.
  • NVIDIA GeForce 600 or higher, Geforce 800M or higher, Quadro Kxxx or higher

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom