Anyone else having to sign in multiple times?

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
It seems lately, every time I attempt to reply, I am asked to sign in again. It may, of course, be my system, but I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed anything like this.

I suppose I might as well bring this up also. In the Windows 7 Support forum, selecting "Mark this forum read" will not work until after selecting that option, I go into a thread and come back. After I return, all the threads are marked as read... The other forums seem to work normally.

Thanks..

Last edited:
Happened to me recently. In my case it was a cookie issue. I signed out (?!) and deleted the forums cookie. Then came back and signed in again then saved the new cookie.

Last edited:
yea i have the same kinda issue, i click "remember me " which helps alot

Thanks guys, I will try removing the cookie/s as Elmer suggests and let you know.

Other things I was considering were the Firefox Remember password option and since it seems worse on my system with a Bluetooth keyboard, possibly it was involved or even the Auto-Save when typing. I can never tell if the remember me option actually works but it may work better with IE than Firefox.

Also, I was wondering if going to the site through the e-mail links might confuse the sign-in....I will stop doing that for a while after I test the cookie option.

My ISP just jumped from 7 Mbps to 10 Mbps so possibly some new equipment was involved. I will try to narrow down the possibilities. Hopefully the cookie option will help.

Last edited:
It doesn't appear removing the cookie/s helped much. I have tried some of the other things I mentioned, but still being signed out. Seems to be happening in both Firefox and IE.

I do show 2 cookies being blocked..... Not sure if I should post which ones.

It seems the situation has improved significantly the last few days. Maybe it was a combination of the cookies and deleting all of my history.. I also went and checked my computers to make sure I wasn't still signed in on one of them, and I was.

Any, happy for now.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom