Windows 8 Anyone have experience with EaseUS backup and recovery program?

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

I've been looking at various backup and recovery programs.

I just downloaded and installed EaseUS TODO backup software.

The interface is very simple and easy to understand, unlike several others that I've tried.
I already created a recovery disk using the tool that is part of the program, and it booted my computer and gave me the options to recover my hard drive, no confusion it says exactly what it is going to do.

I haven't created a backup yet but I will tonight when I'm done using my computer for the day.

I just wondered if anyone else has used this software and has any experience with it?

Mike

I changed my mind I'm making a backup right now, it looks like it's going to take about 20 minutes.

Last edited:
I use easeus partition manager and macrium reflect for managing disk space and disk imaging respectively. They are both free and are both extremely reliable doing exactly what it says on the tin.

Haven't tried it but I have a copy. I use Macrium for imaging, MiniTool Partition Wizard for disk management and MiniTool Power Data Recovery for recovering hard drives.

Hi Guys

As I said, I went ahead and made the backup.
It worked great, and the boot disk worked fine too.

I'm not going to try the recovery part right now, most of the issues I've had over the years are ones I caused myself by taking unnecessary chances but I have faith that it will work if I need to use it.

I have a Paragon Backup too.

Mike

Mike, do you mix your OS and data on a single hard drive?
Keeping them separate can eliminate the need for creating backups. If your OS get's messed up, your data are still intact on separate drive and you can perform OS repairs without having to worry about making backups of your data first.
I have my OSes running on SSDs and data are saved on separate hard drives which are synced between my 3 PCs with a master copy synced on my NAS running on RAID 1 mode. Basically, all the 3 data drives from my 3 PCs are just copies/backups. The master copy is on the NAS. If one of my computers' data drive get's corrupted, I can just simply format or replace it and sync my data from the NAS. If I added new files on my laptop when I am outside my home network, the moment it sees my network, it will sync and update the master data on the NAS and distribute and sync those data to the other 2 PCs. I have 3 working copies from 3 different PC and 2 master copies on NAS mirroring the 2 drives on it. I guess I don't have to worry about making backups for myself except for the image backup of the OS only.

Cheers!

Hi

I have 2 internal hard drives, each 1TB.
Both are partitioned into 2 500GB partitions.

Windows and the programs that have to be reinstalled if Windows changed (mainly Adobe their security is tough) are on Drive C:\.
May Games are on Drive D:\ the second partition of Drive 1.

Drive 2 has my Graphics files, video projects and software that doesn't have to be reinstalled if Windows on one partition and all my data and backups in the second.

In addition I have 3 external hard drives with all of my data backed up on at least 2 of them.

I only create the image file using the backup software to recover Windows if it crashes.

I don't back up any of my data, Music, Photos, Job Files and Software installers compressed, I just copy them to a backup drive.

The only time I've actually used my image file was when I upgraded to Windows 8.1 and had to go back to 8 again, because of sound issues I couldn't fix.

But it makes me feel a lot better knowing that the backup is there.
Before I make the backup I defrag the drive, and run every scanner I have to make sure the backup is perfect.

So at the worst, I can be back up and running in a half hour or so.

Mike

Sounds like a good fail-safe plan. It is important for people like us who mess around with computers too much to make sure that our important data are in safe places. I am running 2 clones of Win 7 on SSDs in my main PC. One for serious tasks and one for when I want to do tests and experiments. I boot them up from external hot-swappable hard drive trays.

IMAG3209.jpg

Last edited:
I tried TODO backup, many function, powerful. I also use aomei backupper, professional and enough for me.

Back