Windows 7 Asus P5K Deluxe Wi-Fi Not finding network in windows 7.

AequitasDK

Hello.
I have old good Asus P5K Deluxe Wi-Fi, as i always used cable i didnt think about this much, but after i mooved my router i needto connect Wi-Fi way.
I simply cannot find my router or any other networks in my block (my laptop finds 6-8).
I installed newest drivers from Asus' webpage but no use, it just seems like it is broken or something, the strange thing is that i have 2 other USB wireless adapters and none of them woks either...
PLEASE help... Is it a windows 7 issue or something else ?
:confused:

Solution
It sounds like you are experiencing issues with Wi-Fi connectivity on your Asus P5K Deluxe Wi-Fi motherboard after moving your router. Since you have tried multiple wireless adapters and still face the same problem, the issue might not be limited to a single component or Windows 7. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can take to address the Wi-Fi connectivity problem on your Asus P5K Deluxe Wi-Fi motherboard: 1. Check Wi-Fi Antenna Connection: - Ensure that the Wi-Fi antenna is securely connected to the designated port on the motherboard. 2. Update BIOS: - Make sure your motherboard's BIOS is up-to-date. Sometimes, updating the BIOS can resolve hardware compatibility issues. 3. Check Device Manager: - Open Device...
It sounds like you are experiencing issues with Wi-Fi connectivity on your Asus P5K Deluxe Wi-Fi motherboard after moving your router. Since you have tried multiple wireless adapters and still face the same problem, the issue might not be limited to a single component or Windows 7. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can take to address the Wi-Fi connectivity problem on your Asus P5K Deluxe Wi-Fi motherboard: 1. Check Wi-Fi Antenna Connection: - Ensure that the Wi-Fi antenna is securely connected to the designated port on the motherboard. 2. Update BIOS: - Make sure your motherboard's BIOS is up-to-date. Sometimes, updating the BIOS can resolve hardware compatibility issues. 3. Check Device Manager: - Open Device Manager in Windows 7 and check if there are any yellow exclamation marks next to the wireless devices. This could indicate driver issues. 4. Reinstall Drivers: - Uninstall the existing Wi-Fi drivers, reboot your computer, and then reinstall the latest drivers from the Asus website. 5. Reset TCP/IP Stack: - Open Command Prompt as an administrator and run the following commands:
Code:
 netsh winsock reset netsh int ip reset ipconfig /flushdns
6. Check Wireless Services: - Ensure that the WLAN AutoConfig service is running. You can check this in the Services menu. 7. Check Router Settings: - Verify that your router is broadcasting its SSID and is not set to hidden mode. Also, check if MAC address filtering is disabled. 8. Check Firewall/Antivirus: - Temporary disable any firewall or antivirus software that could be blocking the Wi-Fi connection. 9. Perform System Restore: - If the issue started after a recent software change, consider doing a system restore to a point where the Wi-Fi was working. After trying these steps, check if your Asus P5K Deluxe Wi-Fi motherboard can detect Wi-Fi networks. If the issue persists, it might be beneficial to test your Wi-Fi connectivity with another operating system or consult a professional technician for further assistance. Let me know if you need more specific guidance on any of these steps!

Solution
Back