Windows 7 ATI 9200 driver - any chance?

I haven't had much luck either finding drivers for my ATI X1300 pcie card. Might be awhile before ATI/AMD gets a driver for windows 7 as it is still in beta.

Obviously you haven't read the Minimum Requirements for running Windows 7 Beta.... They are posted not only on this forum but all over the internet.. you should check them out.. ;)

And YES there already IS a Windows 7 Beta Driver out from ATI and Nvidia.. I do know that ATI's only supports as far back as the HD 2600 though so I really think your out of luck.. My suggestion would be upgrading your gpu.. you can find very good cards for $150-100 or less these days if you take the time to do the research first.. And really, to experience Windows 7 the way it's "ment" to be experienced.. your gonna want/NEED to use a much newer/better card that a radeon 9200 (If you can even use that card with Win 7 in the first place.. which you'll see for yourself when you check out the minimum system requirements)... ;) I'm not sure what Nvidia's story is as far as Windows 7 is concerned, I do know they have beta drivers out for 7 now but I don't know which cards they support..

Check out this site: Best Graphics Cards For The Money: Jan. '09 : Best Cards For The Money: December Review/January Updates - Review Tom's Hardware It's got tons of great reviews on Graphics Cards among other hardware and can help you find the perfect gpu for the perfect price.. :)

Yes you are right there are Windows 7 drivers for ATI but the support is limited to the HD series. I agree getting a better card to run Windows 7 is best. Below I am pasting the specs for the ATI Catalyst Windows 7 preview drivers.
to the following configuration(s):
Radeon™ HD 4000 Series
Radeon™ HD 3000 Series
Radeon™ HD 2000 Series
Mobility Radeon™ HD 4000 Series
Mobility Radeon™ HD 3000 Series
Mobility Radeon™ HD 2000 Series
AMD 780G
AMD 780V
AMD 790GX
Windows 7
To download the Catalyst Windows 7 Preview Driver , please click on the links below:
Catalyst 32-bit Windows 7 Preview Driver
Catalyst 64-bit Windows 7 Preview Driver

Also here is the link to the website where I got the information.

Ati Catalyst Windows 7 Preview at Source Code | Free Indo Source Code ~ Technology & Programming

Last edited:
Yes you are right there are Windows 7 drivers for ATI but the support is limited to the HD series. I agree getting a better card to run Windows 7 is best. Below I am pasting the specs for the ATI Catalyst Windows 7 preview drivers.
to the following configuration(s):
Radeon™ HD 4000 Series
Radeon™ HD 3000 Series
Radeon™ HD 2000 Series
Mobility Radeon™ HD 4000 Series
Mobility Radeon™ HD 3000 Series
Mobility Radeon™ HD 2000 Series
AMD 780G
AMD 780V
AMD 790GX
Windows 7
To download the Catalyst Windows 7 Preview Driver , please click on the links below:
Catalyst 32-bit Windows 7 Preview Driver
Catalyst 64-bit Windows 7 Preview Driver

Also here is the link to the website where I got the information.

Ati Catalyst Windows 7 Preview at Source Code | Free Indo Source Code ~ Technology & Programming

There is a newer driver out now from ATI than this preview one.. It's available here:
Link Removed - Invalid URL

737-39069: ATI Catalyst™ Beta Driver Package for Windows 7 <-- That's what you'll be looking for.

It's still a Beta driver but seems to be more stable than the Preview one was.. ;)

Last edited:
The Vista drivers work better than any preview driver.
As for ATI, there are Vista drivers all the way back to the 9500, so the 1300 is supported, but the 9200 is SOL.

Their was on vista-

_I was running this card on Vista Beta's and RC's,ok no aero,so wander any work around that any one no's?

Not sure about cards older then the X1000 series but i finally figured out how to dual boot and installed Windows 7 on a partition i created and Windows 7 beta identified my X1300 card and installed the drivers automatically for me. Aero and 3D games are working great and they seem to be much quicker in Windows 7 versus Windows XP

The Vista drivers work better than any preview driver.
As for ATI, there are Vista drivers all the way back to the 9500, so the 1300 is supported, but the 9200 is SOL.

This is usually true however the Windows 7 Beta Driver from ATI is working flawlessly and games run very well using it.. I haven't tried the Vista drivers yet for a comparison but there's nothing wrong with ATI's Win 7 Beta driver that I can find.. ;)

Try running any game with that driver, then use the latest Vista driver.
Most people are reporting frame rate increases of 30%.
So. While it's possible that it won't happen for you, for others, it does.

i am currently running on a laptop with 9200 with win 7.No Aero but i do not care!!!!!!!Over roll performance at least 40% better than Vistan !!! .The solution? download the driver for win XP. unrar to a folder and manually go to device manager and update the driver of graphic card by poinding to the unrar folder .Your card will be recornized

the driver is from Asus site but can be instal for every ati card 9xxx

Code:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/A4D/VGA_XP_2K_060102.zip

Help!!
Anyone get the driver for the ati 9200 on windows 7?

please help!!!

[email protected]

I use ati 9200 on my old comp with XP drivers. You only need to run driver installation in XP-compatibility mode. Once a day it slows down, like it'll freeze, but recovers soon. Once W-7 is released, I will install it on my comp with 9600gt where I shouldn't have any problem..

Works for me!!!

i finally got it working. the guy who wrote we need to install the win2000 driver was right.
these were my exact steps:
keep the original driver you have (the one with the blue screen error)
1) download the windows 2000 driver (not windows ME, like i did at first)(and not the program, just the driver "option 2, display driver")
2) create a shortcut of your system32 folder on your desktop (just to make it easier for you)
3) close all applications you don't need
4) right-click on the driver and go to properties> compatibility > check the first box (run this program in compatibility mode for) and select windows xp service pack 2> apply> close.
5) run the program as administrator
6) after install, don't restart. to go system32 (that shortcut)
7) cut the " ati2dvag.dll " and paste to desktop (you NEED it afterwards)
8) log off, and log back on (the screen will go black) you won't see anything cause the monitor can't display anything.
9) press start> right> right> up> up> enter. this will restart your computer. when it loads up, the graphics will look like garbage. DON'T WORRY!
10) cut and paste the ati2dvag.dll file back to system32, and log off and on again.
11) this time it'll look proper.
12) restart or shutdown, it'll get rid of the blue screen problem and it'll run smoothly.

"you don't have to thank me":cool:

re windows 7 ati radeon 9200

i downloaded the windows 2000 driver and it works fine for the ati radeon 9200 card in windows 7

Driver from Manufacturer

Hello all!

I knew I needed to install the ATI driver because the "Wildlife in HD" video that came with Windows 7 was choppy. I kept getting BSODs with the ATI driver mentioned in this thread. What worked for me was the model-specific driver from the manufacturer's website.

I have a Sony PCV-RS520. Before I installed the Sony-supplied driver, I right-clicked on the executable file, clicked on properties, clicked on the compatibility tab and checked on "Run this program in compatibility for: XP (SP3)". I then installed the program and restarted the machine. Windows 7 let me know that the program was not compatible. The most likely scenario is that since the 9200 Radeon card was never able to support Aero in either Vista or 7, both Microsoft and ATI gave up on it. Anyways, I disabled the nag screens from the action center and it's been smooth sailing ever since.

Back