Windows 7 AV for Win 7

Jordan3124

I apologize if this has been asked and answered; I couldn't find it on a search.

Is there a free AV program that works WELL with Win 7? I've been using AVG with XP and Vista and quite happy with it but it bogged down Win 7 badly.

Thanks for any info.

well, I don't like any of the free ones but if I HAD to choose, I'd go with antivir - I've heard good things about it....

then again I've heard good things about AVG - I don't believe them as I see plenty of machines with AVG coming through the door having virus's on....

I run NOD and it's the best £25 quid you can spend. Great detection and very low system overhead ;)

I apologize if this has been asked and answered; I couldn't find it on a search.

Is there a free AV program that works WELL with Win 7? I've been using AVG with XP and Vista and quite happy with it but it bogged down Win 7 badly.

Thanks for any info.

Hello and Welcome to Windows7forums.. :)

There are a few good choices.. NOD32 is definitely the best if you've got some money to spend in my opinion.. ;) Free choices include (and are certainly not limited to) Avast! (works extremely well with Win 7, there is also a paid version if you'd prefer), AVG Free (It works, somewhat... can't really say much else than that about AVG, as it pretty much sucks... Kaspersky is also one of the better one's.. ;)

Thanks a lot for the info.

In my searching for an answer on this forum someone said that this was a great forum and put the other Window 7 forums to shame. They are correct! Great site and great help.

Thank you both again!
--Jordan

The free versions of PCTools for firewall, antivirus and something called Threatfire install okay on Win7 .... too soon to tell if they do what they are supposed to do. But no problem in 6 weeks so far. :) Anyone else using them? Threatfire is supposed to be both antispyware and antivirus.

Back
Top Bottom