Windows 7 AVG 8.0 is a No-go?

Kylethedarkn

So I've tried installing AVG 8.0 a couple times and every time its stop at the point where it starts the tray service and then fails installing. I tried cleaning the registry and reinstalling but that didn't work either. I'm running windows 7 x86 and here are my system specs.

2 - Intel Pentium 4 Processor 3.2 GHz
3 hard drives(200gb,300gb, and 80gb) Windows 7 is on the 300gb
2Gb DDR Memory
Ati Radeon HD 4650 512mb Graphics Card
550W power supply

That's about all that's important probably.

Thanks for any help. :)

Btw I used the same installer on a friend's 64bit windows 7 and it worked fine...

try running it in compatibility mode Windows VISTA. If that doesnt work then you have something on the computer interefering with it.

try running it in compatibility mode Windows VISTA. If that doesnt work then you have something on the computer interefering with it.
I tried that. And I tried installing after a fresh install. Zak also tried it. He once stuck his fist...

I have AVG 8.0 running on both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Windows 7 Beta and it works flawlessy!! :)

What all do you currently have installed on your pc?(Software)
Not very much lemme go check.

Utorrent
7zip
Flashplayer 10
DivX
Fruity Loops/FL Studio
CCleaner
Mozilla Firefox
Object Dock(After I tried installation)
Registry Mechanic
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable

That's all I have installed.

I hate this stupid forum. It merges double posts which means even though you have new content it doesn't bump it up on the thread list. Anyways I found a solution. You have to download the trial version and install it with a trial Serial Number and then after it installs you can activate it with your serial number. And now this great fix won't get noticed because of the stupid merging thing. :mad:

Last edited:
No Problem

I am using AVG on 7 and have not had any issues at all. Of course I am using the 64 bit version.

This part got edited into my last post, but I found a solution to the problem.

You have to install using the free version serial number and then activate with your serial number after you have completely installed it. :)

Not surprised

Beta, Beta, Beta. I have had to do some really starnge work arounds on a number of programs.;)

I done an upgrade to Windows 7 x64 from Vista x64 and AVG 8 threw a firewall driver error at me, but a quick re-install fixed this problem. Not had any problems with it since.

Back