Windows 7 Back Up & Restore in Windows & Ultimate 64bit

loafty

Honorable Member
if I go to Control Panel then click on the Back Up & Restore Icon it won't open also if i go to Start then to Maintance and click on Back Up & Restore in there it won't open either. Can someone tell me how I can fix this problem and get the Back Up & Restore to work properly please

When you click on either, do you get any type of error or message box indicating a problem? Check taskmanager and see if they are running in the background and the UI is not actually presenting. Check event viewer for critical errors in the application log regarding app hang, or app crash. Try starting the Volume Shadow Copy and the Windows Backup services manually type
services.msc into the search box and hit enter scroll down and right click and choose start for both. You may also want to check to see if some third party application has usurped the Windows Backup, by either booting into safemode using the F8 Key as the system is booting and choosing safe mode from the options in the advanced boot menu, or perhaps even attempting a clean boot process as descirbed here How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
Keep us posted.

Back