Windows 7 Backspace works ONLY in administrator user!

rainbringer

Hi,

I have a very weird problem: my backspace key works in a program only if it ran as administrator! It has started suddenly, don't remember any changes I'd done before that, including widows update.
I've Windows 7 x64, MS Curve 2000 keyboard.

Any help will be appreciated!
Thanks!

Did you have to load a driver for the KB? Maybe it's corrupted or a new version of the drive caused the problem.

Grabbing at straws here.

I have news:
backspace works in any other account except mine. I've created a temporary account (standard user) and the key works there. Hence, some application/update has screwed keys definitions/bindings in my windows profile.
Is there any way to fix that, to restore keyboard default definitions? Can keyboard profile (if there is such a thing) be imported from a different account?
Again, uninstalling/re-installing drivers doesn't fix this issue.

Thanks!

I have news:
backspace works in any other account except mine. I've created a temporary account (standard user) and the key works there. Hence, some application/update has screwed keys definitions/bindings in my windows profile.
Is there any way to fix that, to restore keyboard default definitions? Can keyboard profile (if there is such a thing) be imported from a different account?
Again, uninstalling/re-installing drivers doesn't fix this issue.

Thanks!
Not sure about copying a profile.
How about creating a adminuser for yourself and then deleating the one that does not work.
Wait awhile before you do this maybe someone more knowledgable can provide a better solution.

Solved.
At first, I've found out that the key works in all other users, except mine.
Then, I've booted to safe mode and the key worked.
Then, I've disabled all start-up programs and it worked.
By turning on start-up programs one-by-one, I've found the problematic one: it was ClipX. I've accidentally assigned Backspace as a hotkey for Google Search :-/

Back
Top Bottom