Windows 10 Backup in win 10

Urax

My windows 10 Home edition krasched, so now i shall buy win 10 pro.
Can i use the home edition backup to restore my files and programs in the win 10 pro version?

The built-in backup/restore in Windows is edition agnostic, so yes. You could just reinstall Windows 10 home most home users don't need any of the pro features.

Thank you!
..one moore question: When i restore the backup, will win 10 pro become win 10 home if i use the backup from win 10 home?
Or could i, if i want ,keep win 10 pro and still get my programs etc. From the backup?

The built-in backup/restore in Windows is edition agnostic, so yes. You could just reinstall Windows 10 home most home users don't need any of the pro features.
No! I disagree!
As i remember, In Windows PRO you get stuff like a BETTER BACKUP (home allows backup to local or USB-drives, PRO also allows backups to network shares)
You also get the option to use Bitlocker encryption that is NOT available in Home-edition!

So i my opinion there ARE features in PRP that home users would like to use, if they only had them and knew about them!

The built-in backup feature is the same across all editions. Pro features almost exclusively have to do with device management in a business setting.

When i restore from a backup(made in win 10 home edition) do i get my program back and not only the files to my new win 10 pro.?
For example: i got my new win 10 pro now. And i have a win 10 home backup (on a external hdd, made by windows build in backup)
1) how do i use it.
2)Do the program from my old computer, say photoshop, get installed from that backup TO the new win10pro, without transform the pro to home?
I want to have win 10 pro, i just want my programs back, and even my files, pictures and so on.
IsThat possible or not.
3.If not, what can I get from that backup?
Sumerizing: i got now win 10 pro.I want my program and files from my old destroyd computer with win 10 home edition backup IN TO my new win 10 pro.
Can I Do that?

Windows built-in backup is data only The only way to get everything is cloning the drive which would also include Windows 10 Home.

Windows built-in backup is data only The only way to get everything is cloning the drive which would also include Windows 10 Home.
What is the differens between an image and a clone?
My backup i did do was the recommended. Is that mean that i have a clone or a image?
How do i see that when i connect the backup external hdd to win 10 pro?
(A know that i had a automated backup that refreshed the backup, once a day, i belive. Is that a clone then?)

It's neither the backup is just data. A clone is a clone of the entire disk an image is also sometimes referred to as a clone, but an image is technically a base install of windows potentially with some applications and drivers backed in

It's neither the backup is just data. A clone is a clone of the entire disk an image is also sometimes referred to as a clone, but an image is technically a base install of windows potentially with some applications and drivers backed in
Do I need a thirdpart program to make a clone or do Windows provide that too?
I made an ISO-file on my home edition. Is that some sort of clone?

Back
Top Bottom