Windows 7 Backup problems 0x80040154

ratm

I recently went from vista to win 7 and have now found I can't backup my files. I'm not sure how to go about fixing the problem, as I'm not fully competent with computers so any help would be grateful. When I try to backup files i get a message saying I can't with the code 0x80040154. I also noticed I don't have the search function any more when you click start, unless that has been removed on win 7.

I recently went from vista to win 7 and have now found I can't backup my files. I'm not sure how to go about fixing the problem, as I'm not fully competent with computers so any help would be grateful. When I try to backup files i get a message saying I can't with the code 0x80040154. I also noticed I don't have the search function any more when you click start, unless that has been removed on win 7.

If you upgraded from Vista to Win7, that may be the root of your problem. It is better to do a clean install and reinstall your applications. In any event, from where you are before you do that try SFC /SCANNOW from an elevated command prompt and see if any of your system files are corrupt. You may have to insert your Win7 DVD Install Disk.

Back