Windows 8 bat/exe files not found in path

I have a Lenovo Ideapad s510p running original Windows 8.1. Bought it in May'14.

The problem is that it's not able to find & run some bat & exe files given in the '%Path'. Whereas it can find some - it can't find some others. So it doesn't run them unless full path is specified.

This is a big issue. The Path & PATHEXT variables are configured properly.

Here they are:

"PATH" user variable: "C:\Users\Mayank\AppData\Roaming\npm\; C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\bin\;"

"Path" System variable: "C:\Program Files (x86)\iis express\PHP\v5.3;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\windows\system32;C:\windows;C:\windows\System32\Wbem;C:\windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Web Platform Installer\;;C:\Program Files (x86)\nodejs\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\; %JAVA_HOME%\bin; %GRAILS_HOME%\bin\; C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\bin\;C:\Program Files\Windows NT\Accessories;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Windows Performance Toolkit\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\TypeScript\1.0\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Tools\Binn\; C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\bin"

"PATHEXT" systems variable: ".EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC"

Now for instance the MySql 5.6 binaries are in the path. But I am not able to run them from command prompt without specifying the full path.

No the it is present in PATHEXT. I had to remove it bcoz the web ui of this site was giving some problem with it - thinking a weblink is being inserted.

Just like now when it's not allowing me to insert it in this reply.

The problem is for bat files & exe files.

Text isn't working... so perhaps a vid?

Please take some screenshots of the error you are getting and post them for us.

Not sure if this minor syntax error matters or not, but you have 2 semi-colons back-to-back -

Files\Microsoft\Web Platform Installer\;;C:\Program Files (x86)\nodejs\;​

Back