Windows 7 Battery Drain Issues

SCWolf8609

Hi. New to the forums, and had an interesting problem I hope you all can help me with. First off System Specs:

Laptop: Dell Precision M4300
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 2.20 GHz
Display: NVidia Quadro FX 360M
Ram: 4 GHz (don't know clock cycles)

Alright, now the problem: the battery does not charge anymore. I upgraded from Win XP (clean instal, reformatted the drive during initial installation). The battery worked fine - I didn't time it or check to see for extended battery life, I just knew that when it unplugged from the wall, the battery supplied power and kept it on. After a week or so the battery died. I didn't think anything of it and got a replacement battery. Again, the replacement battery worked for a week or so and then died. The charge icon on the original battery kept telling me there was a problem and the battery would not charge - now the battery icon is stuck at saying 94-95% charged with the replacement. However a quick disconnect from the AC and the lap top goes off. Is there anyway for fix this? The computer also does not go into stand by - indicating that there is not even a reserve charge on the battery, it goes completely off and Windows treats it like an error shutdown by asking if you would like to start in safe mode, yadda, yadda.

Thanks for reading - hope you can help.

-Wolf

Back
Top Bottom