Windows 7 battlefield 3 blue screen

Illusion

i just installed battlefield 3 and battlefield bad company 2
about 10 minutes in multi player game i get a bsod
i have seen similar topics , and there might be a problem with my hardware drivers
can anyone tell me how can i access the crash reports so i can upload them here and see whats wrong?

system specs:
gigabyte ultra durable 3 -ud3r motherboard
core i7 920 cpu
4 gb geil 1333 ram
gigabyte geforce gts n250 1gb VGA

thanks in advance

sry i should have read the forum first
ill post the data shortly

Last edited:
so here are the required info
and one extra thing , i get the report that no dump file was found i tried the thing you said in other topic , no use maybe its because when i get the blue screen it stays on the screen forever and i have to hard reset the pc myself?
View attachment Seven.rar

Last edited:
There are no minidumps in the .rar file (as you so helpfully told us before) - try running the W7F tool again, being sure to run it as administrator (if you're not sure how to do that: Run as Administrator - Windows 7 Forums ). Even if you have to hard reset the computer, it will still create a minidump (unless it was in an extreme condition). However, if you're still unable to obtain a minidump:
  1. Click on the Start button and then on Control Panel.
    Tip: In a hurry? Type system in the search box after clicking Start. Choose System under the Control Panel heading in the list of results and then skip to Step 4.
  2. Click on the System and Security link.
    Note: If you're viewing the Small icons or Large icons view of Control Panel, you won't see this link. Simply double-click on the System icon and proceed to Step 4.
  3. Click on the System link.
  4. In the task pane on the left, click the Advanced system settings link.
  5. Locate the Startup and Recovery section near the bottom of the window and click on theSettings button.
  6. In the Startup and Recovery window, locate and uncheck the check box next toAutomatically restart.
  7. Click OK in the Startup and Recovery window.
  8. Click OK in the System Properties window.
  9. You can now close the System window.
  10. From now on, when a problem causes a BSOD or another major error that halts the system, Windows 7 will not force a reboot. You'll have to reboot manually when an error appears.

Once the blue screen happens again, record the message displayed (ie: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, PFN_LIST_CORRUPT etc.) and any other important information (stop codes, messages). When the crash happens, also remember to record what you were doing from when the computer was turned on to when the crash happened.

You do not have SP1 for Windows 7 installed. Please follow the link (Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)) to install SP1.

You only have 66 Windows Updates installed, generally you should have about 130. Please go to Windows Update and install all updates.

On your Local Disk (G:), you have 10GB free of 104GB - for best performance you should have AT LEAST 15% of all storage drives free. Please try to free up some space there.

Another handy tip:
You might have some 3 party programs running in the background that’s crashing your system. Let's try clean booting the system to remove 3rd party software and see if that clears up the problem.

Follow the steps below to place your computer in “clean boot”
· Click the Start orb on your Desktop
· Type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.

· On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
· Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
· Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
· Click OK.
When you are prompted, click Restart. Did you get the same error message?

If this does resolve the issue, then see the following Microsoft Article on “Clean boot” and the section “How to determine what is causing the problem” to determine which program or service maybe causing the issue.

Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or program

How to set your computer back, to boot normal:
· Click the Start orb on your Desktop
· In the Start Search box. Type msconfig, and then press ENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
Click the General tab.

· Click Normal Startup - load all device drivers and services, and then click OK.
· When you are prompted, click Restart to restart the computer.

Hope this will fix it for you. Please post back and let us know.

That's all I can do for you until you post back with the minidumps.

In the mean time, try the instructions above, and post back if you still have any problems.

Last edited:
tnx for reply
did all you said , updates , disabling 3rd party apps
still no dump file , the blue screen no longer shows up , i get the screen freez and the looping sound just like before , but the screen stays like that.
some good news is i found out what the problem is : the onboard sound card , realtek hd audio
i disabled the sound card thorough bios and BAM! the problem is gone!
the bad news is ... i dont have any sound. and buying a sound card just for this is not a good option
any suggestions?
...............................................................................................................................
edit:
did a clean install of windows , installed all drivers except the realtek hd audio , works fine
no windows update as well
i think this is the end of it
Thanks for help :)

Last edited:
Back