Windows 7 Battlefield Video Games not working

SGen

Hi I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 7 installed. I have installed the following games:

WoW
Battlefield Vietnam
Battlefield 2

Wow works with a little bit of lag but both BFV and BF2 will not start. The shortcut is clicked the small title window appears for a few seconds then disappears. afterwords nothing happens The bfv.exe and bf2.ex processes never appear.

I am running McAfee antivirus which flagged one of the files from punkbuster on each install, but I clickeed on "Trust this file" so that shouldn't be the problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.

This might not be much of a help but just to let you know. I have BF2 and it runs perfect on Window 7 64bit. Even punkbuster is fine. I would suggest your make sure you have up to date graphics drivers, by manually installing the latest verison from your card makers site.

you could also try to run in compatablity mode or windows xp mode

Reinstalled my video card drivers now bfv works, but bf2 comes up with an error because Directx 9.0c is not installed. I currently have Directx 11 installed. Any thoughts on that?

BF2 listed as working. To add to the mystery I reinstalled BF2, it ran finee the first time after closing I get the same directx error and when I try to install the latest patch (1.5) an error saying that a newer version is installed.

Reinstalled my video card drivers now bfv works, but bf2 comes up with an error because Directx 9.0c is not installed. I currently have Directx 11 installed. Any thoughts on that?

You still have to install directx 9. I had to do the same for cod4. I guess there are files in dx9 that aren't in dx10/11.

You still have to install directx 9. I had to do the same for cod4. I guess there are files in dx9 that aren't in dx10/11.

No you dont. DX11 does NOT need dx9 files, it can run DX9 and DX10 natively. Its this kind of suggestion that causes issues with DX files in the first place. I have BF2 and it runs flawlessly in windows 7 under DX11.

@OP; Did you install any of the expansions for BF2 before patching? The newest BF2 patch allows everyone to play the 2 booster packs free. Having these in before hand may be causing the patch failure. Also when patching, make sure your running the patches in the correct order.

No you dont. DX11 does NOT need dx9 files, it can run DX9 and DX10 natively. Its this kind of suggestion that causes issues with DX files in the first place. I have BF2 and it runs flawlessly in windows 7 under DX11.

@OP; Did you install any of the expansions for BF2 before patching? The newest BF2 patch allows everyone to play the 2 booster packs free. Having these in before hand may be causing the patch failure. Also when patching, make sure your running the patches in the correct order.

Solved Bioshock not working. DX11? - Windows 7 Forums

run BF2 in Administrator mode. I have W7 x64 and had a problem until I did that and no probs whatsoever. :p

No you dont. DX11 does NOT need dx9 files, it can run DX9 and DX10 natively

Sorry,. bit that statement id not true
You can download DirectX 9.0c without affetccting the DirectX 11.

It will add the need flies for older games.

Again, DX9 files are not required at all in Vista or Windows 7 when using DX11.

Direct3D 11 runtime will introduce Direct3D 9, 10, and 10.1 "feature levels", compatibility modes which only allow the use of hardware features defined in the specified version of Direct3D. For Direct3D 9 hardware, there will be three different feature levels, grouped by common capabilities of "low", "med" and "high-end" video cards; the runtime will directly use Direct3D 9 DDI provided in all WDDM drivers.
I know you are a long time member here, but your information is incorrect. This is one of the key features of DX11, it was specifically designed this way so that previous DX version were simply not required.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom