Windows 10 Bejejwed 3 stopped runing after latest win update.

George Marshall

Bejeweled 3 will not run after the latest Windows update. After I log in Bejeweled 3 Free (as usual) there is a brief flash (site unknown) and nothing happens.

Can you find the crash.txt for the game and upload it here. It may help with solving your issue.

There is none . After logging in and pressing Bejewled 3 free, there is a brief blink when it displayed 'Play Free Online'. Tried it in Firefox and Chrome. It worked fine 3 days ago.

What EXACTLY is your version of W10 please? Make/Model of your computer would also be helpful. If you don't know how to check your W10 version, take a look here: How to Find Out Which Build and Version of Windows 10 You Have
And post back your version here.

Also is the BEJEWELED app you are trying to run a standalone app on your W10 computer or an online version? There are both types out there.
If it's the online version, the W10 update may have inadvertently hung up traffic on your home network. You can try power-cycling (unplugging your Cable/DSL Modem & Wi-Fi router) modem & router. After power-off; your network connections will all be reset on your network. Make sure also to power-cycle your computer as well for the same reason.

If the problem persists, then the update may have damaged something else in your windows, such as windows registry corruption or disabled one or more of your network drivers.

If you haven't already done so, YOU SHOULD FIRST BACKUP ALL OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO EXTERNAL MEDIA BEFORE ATTEMPTING FURTHER SOFTWARE REPAIRS OTHERWISE IRRETRIEVABLE DATA LOSS CAN OCCUR!!
Once you have done this, you can try using the SYSTEM RESTORE utility built-into W10 and "roll-back" your W10 to a point in time before the problem occurred, regardless of whether or not the update caused your current problem or not. This will often fix general problems with all versions of windows, including W10. :up:

Let us know how it goes.
<<BIGBEARJEDI>>

Current version 1703. HP p6520f
As I stated it ran fine before one of the latest MS updates. Some pages changed at site.

Hi, and thanks for getting back with your W10 version. That's not the full version and build # as per instructions; but that's close enough. There have been about 5 build updates since v1703 came out (April 2017). It could have been one of those. Microsoft puts out weekly "push" updates every Tuesday all year long, and any one of these could be the culprit. If my recommendations do provide a fix (assuming you have not tried them all yet), you should consider disabling your W10 updates in settings. At the very least, reschedule them to occur in the early morning hours. This is helpful because if the updates occur while you are doing something with your computer (such as playing your Game), and a mandatory update reboot occurs while your computer is reading/writing to/from your hard drive, it can scramble your windows. You can search for "Updates" or "W10 Updates" on this forum for my suggestions on how to do this.

Now that you did that, you should know that visiting the HP support website shows that your computer does NOT have hardware driver-level support for W10. It's quite likely that you did the W7 to W10 update incorrectly, or forgot to run the W10 COMPATIBILITY TEST when you did so. The good news is that most computers that came with W7 or newer (W8x/W10) should be capable of upgrading to W10 according to Microsoft. The issue is that you might require updating of your hardware in order to do so. This would require BIOS & Chipset updates, which can cause problems if you've never installed those onto a computer yourself before. This is a procedure that we strongly recommend you take your computer to a licensed Tech at a reputable repair shop to do. If not, it's possible that if you attempt this yourself, and make a mistake you could wind up "borking" your Motherboard (Main circuit board inside your computer). That mistake could cost you several hundreds of dollars as most likely your computer which is going to be 8 years old this year is out of Warranty.:cash:

The problem you have is that your manufacturer, HP in this case, has not provided those hardware updates (firmware updates specifically) to their owners or service techs via their support website; no W10 firmware updates.:waah:

Did you try any of my other suggestions in my Post #4 yet? Power-cycled all of your equipment (modem, router, computer)? Backup & System Restore attempted? If you did those already and simply didn't mention it and the problem persists, you should consider taking your computer to a Computer Pro at your local repair shop and pay him to properly update your computer if possible. The solutions I gave you should produce a fix in most cases; however, upgrading an 8-year old computer to W10 can be tricky.:andwhat: Even if it appeared that your computer was running fine with W10 after the upgrade, that doesn't mean you did it right (or the person you paid to do it if you paid someone to do it or had a friend do it for free).

If this all sounds like too much work or too much money for you, you might just consider replacing that older computer with a new computer that comes pre-loaded from the factory with W10 on it.

Best of luck,:encouragement:
<<BBJ>>

Well after an alleged fix - BJ'd freezes up Firefox entirely and still will not go in (Flashes )in Chrome. I'm finished. It's not my computer its Microsquish.

That's unfortunate. :( Did you try my repair methods, mostly the power-cycle of your equipment and the System Restore??

I don't play that game as I said; have you tried taking your computer to a friend or neighbor's home and plugged into their Internet and tested it?
If BJ'd works there, then it could be a problem with YOUR Internet equipment or your network routes/session connections and you need to do what I suggested to clear it. There's a good chance that will fix it.:up:

If the test of your computer on the friend's/neighbor's network FAILS, then clearly it's something in your computer such as a failed hardware component, or windows registry corruption or virus/malware infection which you have to re-read my post on how to address each of those.

It's your computer, and your game; but it doesn't appear you are willing to get in and get your hands dirty getting to the bottom of the real problem: just easier to blame Microsoft for everything. :serious: Like I said, if you don't want to the real work to find out and fix the problem, perhaps you should pay a Computer Pro to fix for you. I have many customers who can play both local and online games on W10 with all browsers including Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Safari, etc. without issue.

Best of luck,:encouragement:
<<BBJ>>

Well there obviously is something wrong with your machine as BJ3 works fine here.

What do you mean by "diagnostically tested"? Which diagnostics did you run? And if you used diagnostics provided internally by your PC manufacturer (HP), they are neither reliable nor conclusive. Professional Computer techs do NOT rely on these at all. You must run full hardware testing on all your RAM sticks (memory) and your Hard Drive. The Mem86+ test alone requires 8 full passes to run to completion; which usually takes overnight on a PC with 4GB RAM. That's at least 12 hrs. to run that one test. If you have more RAM such as 6GB, 8GB, or more, it can take up to 36 hrs. That's how I know you didn't properly run hw diagnostics on your PC! :noway:

Take a look at my TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE here for instructions on how to do your own hardware testing: Windows 10 - Unclickable Task Bar
If any errors are returned on either the Memory Test or the Hard Drive test, those component(s) have failed and must be replaced!!:waah:

The fact that nmsuk told you that program works ok on his computer, tells me that the problem lies within your computer itself. The fact that one browser works or doesn't work or both browsers don't work after a period of time tells me you have one of three problems just as I told you back in my POST #4:
"If the problem persists, then the update may have damaged something else in your windows, such as windows registry corruption or disabled one or more of your network drivers."

FINISHED; doesn't really tell us what you did or didn't do. (1.) Did you reset your networking equipment like I asked? Y/N? (2.) Did you scan for viruses/malware? Y/N?; (3.) Did you attempt SYSTEM RESTORE? Y/N?.
And finally, the big one; did you transport your computer to a friend or neighbor's home and try to play your game on his/her network? Y/N?

Thanks,
<<BBJ>>

I've tried it on 3 computers, 2 desktops and a laptop. In Chrome, Firefox and IE with no problem. As it's a flash based game if you have Adobe flash installed. Uninstall it and then try chrome. Also try updating Chrome and firefox to the latest versions if you haven't.

Back
Top Bottom