Windows 7 Blue Screen of Death with error message after latest Windows Update

Fredrik

Help!

After the latest updates on Windows Update I can't boot my laptop (an HP Envy Ultrabook 4). Every time I try to start the computer it first goes into repair mode (where none of the solutions have worked so far) and subsequently displays only a blue screen with the message:
"STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The verification of a knownDLL failed, system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x000012f (0x003a6e70 0x00000000). The system has been shutdown".
The only thing I can do after that is to restart the computer manually and thus the whole procedure starts over again. I have tried to run chkdsk /r /f and sfc /scannow in cmd.exe (from the repair menu) and change a number of values in regedit.exe, but nothing has worked so far. Can anyone help me solve this problem? (I'm relatively sure that it is not due to hardware problems; the computer worked perfectly before the update).

Thanks in advance!

/Fredrik

Restore prior to the update. There has been a number of complaint that 2 of the updates are causing this problem. After the restore install a few at a time until you find the bad ones or Google for the bad ones.

The problem is that I'm not even able to use system restore, it tells me there are no restoration points saved.

You must have had restore points turned off, it makes one before doing the updates. Maybe someone else will have another idea.

Back