Windows 10 Bejeweled 3 incompatibility in Windows 10

kurteb

Extraordinary Member
Bejeweled 3 is incompatible with Windows 10. It works fine in Windows 7, and work fine in Windows 10 if installed on Windows 7 before upgrading. Noticed that Netflix doesn't work with Edge, either: I get error H7361-1253-80070005. Netflix works fine in Chrome with Windows 10. I can't edit comments in Facebook with Edge, but can in Chrome, as well. Any images in Facebook chat come up as black boxes in high contrast mode, too. Bejeweled 2 works fine in Windows 10. Aside from these minor annoyances, I like Windows 10, much better cmd and shell.

Last edited:
Now it isn't allowed to open on the upgrade. I paid cash to Popcap to buy the game years ago, and have had it ever since, with the original eula. It's annoying for Windows to say we don't own it any more, because they want us to pay for it again to play online. I got the game to play without needing the internet to do so, like while waiting fof a big update or download. Isn't Windows 10 an upgrade? It acts like more of a sales tool, or in this case, manipulation tool.

Last edited:
Hi Kurteb,
did you try the game in compatibility mode?

yes.compatibility mode had no effect. might be a driver issue with my AMD processor? Nope. Rats..

Last edited:
No, not the problem either. I even went as far as trying to repurchase the silly game just to get rid of the issue, at MSN.com where it is for sale. (aha) and it wouldn't let me BUY it. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

It's listed on the official list as 'playable.' I bought Bejeweled(R) 3GH 1.0 - gh_20101119143650
I initially downloaded Bejeweled from Popcap, Bejeweled 2 is the earlier version, it works fine in Windows 10, I bought Bejeweled 2 on disk. Windows 10 Games Compatibility List

I noted on Steam forums that Bejeweled 3 works fine on Windows 10 if it's installed from a CD. I just dragged and dropped the game folder, as I downloaded it years ago. Works great on Windows 7.

2017 Bejewel 3 was running fine under Windows 10 until about a week ago. Now it is slow to boot and slow in between levels.

This is a free version that I have used for years. No problems with Malwarebyts. Same issue with Chrom or Firefax.

8/10/2017 -Was runningn fine 2 days ago, in Windows 10, could be another bug in another Windows 10 update. Things like this have happened before.

Now it isn't allowed to open on the upgrade. I paid cash to Popcap to buy the game years ago, and have had it ever since, with the original eula. It's annoying for Windows to say we don't own it any more, because they want us to pay for it again to play online. I got the game to play without needing the internet to do so, like while waiting fof a big update or download. Isn't Windows 10 an upgrade? It acts like more of a sales tool, or in this case, manipulation tool.
Windows has turned into a complete marketing scam. Microsoft holds their operating system hostage unless the manufacturer agrees to all the scam bullsh-t. Office 360 Trail... SCAM... and part of the agreement is no other word processing App is allowed to encourage (FORCE) people to purchase Office. If you aren't convinced yet that Bill Gates is one of the most evil men on earth... he owns the patent on COVID virus and his friendship/partnership with Fauci has forced Big Pharm to purchase his patented vaccine. Don't believe me... Google it and do your homework.

correct covid analysis, any way. Bill Gates wants to cut the human population drastically, but we digress...

Back
Top Bottom