Windows 7 Beta 1 (latest build) installation

Jammiedodger546

Hey guys,
Currently downloading "beta 1" of Windows 7. It got to 80% with speeds of 250kb/s + and then suddenely died to about 20kb/s. Anyway its back up at around 100kb/s now and it is at 92% complete. Been downloading since 15:10 today.

I installed some neat piece of software that will now save all my print screens automatically, so if it mananges to work (which I highly doubt knowing my luck!) I will post some images of the install and the "About Windows" box thingy. (I only found out how to find the "About Windows" today!! :redface:

Apparently got to wait another 25 mins for the download to complete, then I'm gonna virus scan the iso etc. before installing it.... So it will hopefully be on and working by 00:30 or 01:00.

See you later,
Jamie

Edit:

Download complete. Now Virus-Scanning for hidden malware/virus' etc..

Virus Scan completed (scanned with Avast!, McAfee and Norton Anti-Virus). Now burning .ISO to a Virtual CD.

*Yawn* getting a bit tired now... :(.

Currently:
Copied Windows files
65% complete on Expanding Files

Done!

Last edited by a moderator:
Please do not post little post after little post to yourself. It is quite pointless to keep talking to yourself. This is a warning! Please do not do it again

@Jammiedodger546

Glad to hear everything went fine with your install.. ;) How about performance though? Noticing any improvements over Build 6956 yet? Or pretty much on par...? I only ask because I've not had the chance to install my copy of Build 7000 yet...

Personally I'm thinking the next biggest performance difference will be when the Final release comes around.. but who knows I could very well be wrong on that.. :)

Not done serious performance tests and I doubt I will. But I ran around 6 programs at once and performance was just brilliant. No crashes, no BSODs or anything. CPU was on 33%. I did the same on 6956 and I got a BSOD.

You should install it, it's very nice. No actual differences regarding the software but there is probably a few changes in the code.

Not done serious performance tests and I doubt I will. But I ran around 6 programs at once and performance was just brilliant. No crashes, no BSODs or anything. CPU was on 33%. I did the same on 6956 and I got a BSOD.

You should install it, it's very nice. No actual differences regarding the software but there is probably a few changes in the code.

Sounds good friend :). I'll definitely be installing it when I get home. gotta get through the next 7 hours of my shift first.. ;) Then the fun shall begin...

Back