Windows 7 Beta invites have started being sent out.

My guess is that the people that gave the most feedback on the vista beta are the ones being invited to this beta, and in Janurary, you can apply for the beta on the Microsoft Connect website.

My guess is that the people that gave the most feedback on the vista beta are the ones being invited to this beta, and in Janurary, you can apply for the beta on the Microsoft Connect website.

I filled out all the necessary stuff on the Microsoft Connect site a while back but that doesn't guarantee you'll get an invite does it..? I did beta test Vista though so that should be good for something shouldn't it? Actually now that I think about it, i've changed emails since those days which probably doesn't help my chances of getting an invite.. damn

Hmm, they might be sending invites in groups, so not every might get a invite right away.

That makes sense.. I guess I'll just have to wait and see, in the meantime I'll continue to enjoy/test build 6956 until the Public Beta is dropped. ;) Thanks for the heads up Matt.

Downloading what now? The beta has not been released yet.

Correction; The beta has not been released to the public...
I have a copy on my desk as we speak. I'm in the middle of a huge video conversion, but when I'm done, it's going on the Desktop. :)

I have connections.
Anyways, I'm hoping this is the beta that's getting released to the public. It's build 6982, and seems to have all the features that it's supposed to have.

I'll post a winver screenie in a sec, it's just booting into windows now.

Edit: Winver!

25kr761.jpg

Anyone notice that all the expiry times are different? Not the date, but the time....
Edit: I think the time depends on the build date.

Last edited:
x86 IS 32 bit...
And no, not photoshopped. I don't have to photoshop.

Last edited:
VERY NICE!! Makes me want the beta even more then I already did!! :) Are you noticing any difference in overall stability/compatibility yet???

VERY NICE!! Makes me want the beta even more then I already did!! :) Are you noticing any difference in overall stability/compatibility yet???

Havent got a chance to fully test her out yet, but overall it seems quite a bit faster than 6801.

Back