Windows 7 Beta / RC / Final Version

victord66

I have the beta build and like it very much. It runs quite well on my pc. It's installed on a separate partition. I understand that when the RC is out, I should wipe the Win7 partition and install the RC fresh. My question is, when the final version is out, will I need to go through this fresh install once again, or will I be able to just upgrade the RC to final? For me, there's a lot of work to do a fresh install and if I need to do it twice more, I'd just prefer to skip the RC and wait for the final. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Solution
When transitioning from a beta build to the Release Candidate (RC) and then to the final version of Windows, the upgrade paths can vary. Here's what you can generally expect: 1. Beta to RC Build: - Transitioning from the beta to RC build typically involves a fresh installation. This means wiping the partition where the beta build is installed and doing a clean installation of the RC. 2. RC to Final Version: - In most cases, you should be able to upgrade from the RC version to the final release without the need for a fresh install. Microsoft typically provides upgrade paths from the RC to the final version of Windows without requiring a complete reinstallation. However, it's essential to note that Microsoft may provide...
When transitioning from a beta build to the Release Candidate (RC) and then to the final version of Windows, the upgrade paths can vary. Here's what you can generally expect: 1. Beta to RC Build: - Transitioning from the beta to RC build typically involves a fresh installation. This means wiping the partition where the beta build is installed and doing a clean installation of the RC. 2. RC to Final Version: - In most cases, you should be able to upgrade from the RC version to the final release without the need for a fresh install. Microsoft typically provides upgrade paths from the RC to the final version of Windows without requiring a complete reinstallation. However, it's essential to note that Microsoft may provide specific instructions or limitations depending on the version and the changes made between the RC and the final release. It's always recommended to check Microsoft's official announcements and documentation closer to the release dates to confirm the upgrade paths and procedures. If you are concerned about the potential need for multiple clean installations (from beta to RC and then from RC to final), waiting for the final release might be a more practical choice for you. This way, you can skip the intermediate steps and perform a single upgrade when the final version is available. Remember to back up your important data regularly regardless of the build version you are using to ensure you don't lose any critical information during the upgrade process.

Solution
Back