Windows 7 Better making Boot with SSD or another drives in RAID?

FoxAdriano

Hi, in my PC there are some drives with RAID0 arrays and from little time I have bought a SSD for Operative System (Windows 7).
My question:
in your opinion (on the BIOS) is it better making the Boot with SSD or with another drive with RAID0?
Thanks for your suggestions

Booting from SSD will be significantly faster and with your op sys and applications installed to SSD program loading etc will also be faster. But unless you are very wealthy and can get a very large SSD you should avoid storing data or allowing programs to save data, downloads etc to your SSD.

Booting from SSD will be significantly faster and with your op sys and applications installed to SSD program loading etc will also be faster. But unless you are very wealthy and can get a very large SSD you should avoid storing data or allowing programs to save data, downloads etc to your SSD.
Hi friend, thanks a lot for your precious news. I already have installed Windows 7 with many software in my SSD and unfortunately now my Boot is with another drive in RAID. In your opinion can I move the Boot to SSD without losing any data? Thanks again one.

I would back up all the data and run a fresh install. Transferring an installed op sys invariably creates more time consuming problems than what it saves.

I would back up all the data and run a fresh install. Transferring an installed op sys invariably creates more time consuming problems than what it saves.
Unfortunately now I cannot run a fresh install because I will need some days for making it. I have many personalized software. If I would do a try, will I unable every other drive and using Windows 7 DVD have I to use the Recovery console? Then ... how can I delete the Boot files in "D" drive (with RAID0)? Now the Boot is there. Do I have format it? In wich way have I to format it? Thanks!

Last edited:
Once you are sure you do not need anything from there you can reformat but I'd wait until everything is up and running before doing so.

Removing and repartitioning means you are free to set what partitions you wish. You may do it all using Gparted.

Removing and repartitioning means you are free to set what partitions you wish. You may do it all using Gparted.
But if I don't like partition, can I delete it completely? I thank you for your availability. I don't disturb anymore. Thanks for this last reply you will do.

No problem. Gparted will allow you to fully manage all disk partitions, deleting and creating whatever you need.

Back